What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning off ipad2

Jean4545

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are going on a cruise and I would like to take the ipad2.. I know that there is wifi on the ship. I do not want to be continually charged for using it. Do I shut off the iPad, put it on airplane mode , or something else? Thanks for the help

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not necessary. It won't connect to the wifi unless you ask it too. Just don't connect to it. Airplane mode is fine too. I'm confused though. Why would you think you would be charged? Most hotels and ships have free wifi now

OP
J

Jean4545

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was told there is a charge for using wifi on the ship. I don't know if this is correct, I would be very happy to find out wifi is free.

PadMan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has been a couple of years since I took a cruse but the last time I went ( Don't recall which cruse line ) They did charge for there wifi. I think I paid something like 35.00 at the end of the cruse. I would check with your cruse line so you don;t get any surprises.

Most reactions

Latest posts