What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating Apple ID on setup of iPad

golddust34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone remember if setting up the Apple ID was mandatory when setting up the iPad? If someone is going to restore the iOS operating system because they want to sell their iPad, do they have to create an Apple ID at the time of restoring it? Can't remember for the life of me if waiting was an option or not. Teaching a class at a computer club and sometimes we also get members wanting to pass on their iPad to grandkids for example and get a newer model (yeah we get the other way around as well lol). Fortunately, I know the passcode can wait.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone remember if setting up the Apple ID was mandatory when setting up the iPad? If someone is going to restore the iOS operating system because they want to sell their iPad, do they have to create an Apple ID at the time of restoring it? Can't remember for the life of me if waiting was an option or not. Teaching a class at a computer club and sometimes we also get members wanting to pass on their iPad to grandkids for example and get a newer model (yeah we get the other way around as well lol). Fortunately, I know the passcode can wait.
No you don't. Once the iPad is erased and restored to factory condition it is activated in the same manner it was when first set up as a newly purchased iPad. The buyer of the iPad will set it up with his own Apple ID when activating it.

OP
G

golddust34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I completely forgot I had asked this before - senior moment lol!

Most reactions

Latest posts