What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked Glass

RLBucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I was bad. The screen on my iPad mini has a minor crack. What should I do?
Is it trash? I just backed it up.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's not trashed if it still works. If it bothers you, you can have the glass replaced but if all works I see no reason to trash it.

OP
R

RLBucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eBay seller offers a new screen for $59 including instructions and tools. Any idea if this can work on an iPad?
I did it twice with a PC laptop screen.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
eBay seller offers a new screen for $59 including instructions and tools. Any idea if this can work on an iPad?
I did it twice with a PC laptop screen.

Hi RLBucko - welcome to the forum! :)

First, is your concern about the crack (won't asked 'how' it happened - ;)) a cosmetic or functional one, i.e. is the crack interfering w/ your use of the iPad, e.g. if in a corner that does not required the 'touch screen' then probably unimportant, unless wide enough to allow moisture to enter?

Second, what is your warranty situation? You might want to bring it to an Apple store (if easy for you?) to see 'what' their advice may be? Finally, replace the screen yourself for that price seems reasonable if you're handy in this area and if your warranty will not be compromised - good luck & let us know your results? May help others!

geetooeasy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't suggest replacing the screen yourself. I tried to do it for my iPhone 4 and bought one those kits. Ended up kill my warranty and the phone went in the garbage can.

geetooeasy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
luckily I have local shops around me that replaces screens for cheap :thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts