What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cover or not

Bestplay3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking about just having on of those stand cases and not using any kind of actual screen protection while it's in use.

OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got lucky and found the last Smart Cover at Walmart for 10$ on Black Friday....

OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From about 10pm to 10:01 pm.... I got lucky one slipped in with the laptop covers and no one noticed it....

knowoneuno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a Griffin survivor cover and am so glad I did! My grand-nephew who is almost 5 years old dropped my iPad 4 on the concrete yesterday, no damage at all, not a scratch either. Oh yeah!

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
wingzfan61 said:
Im using a griffin survivor case with built in screen shield and love it but when i use a smart cover i put the moshi ivisor xt on and find its much better than the other screen protectors. No bubbles ever and great response.

I use an iVisor on my 4S (and a speck) when not in the Otter-box Defender, but no screen protector on my iPad. If I used one it would probably be one of these too.

katsiko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as the screen protector is concerned IMHO this is absolutely useless, I guess it takes a diamond to scratch that Gorilla glass. A back only cover (Moshi iGlaze XT) and a nice wool felt Altered sleeve will do the job for me.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As far as the screen protector is concerned IMHO this is absolutely useless, I guess it takes a diamond to scratch that Gorilla glass. A back only cover (Moshi iGlaze XT) and a nice wool felt Altered sleeve will do the job for me.

Speck of sand will scratch it...and there are lots of those around. :)

My real world usages suggest it is not an issue...but I don't hang out at beaches or let kids play with my tablets....so....

MapleNuts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly, sand will scratch because of the silica makeup, of which glass is made. Just keep in a case and be careful when wiping the screen if you have been around that material. I have had my original,2,3,4 and no issues. Sometimes I think a screen protector leads to be overly confident of the protection. Care is the key.

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always use a screen protector on my touchscreen devices and have saved the real screen's glass buy doing so helping me preserve resale value also when i can show the buyer how perfect the screen is. The way I look at it is once you get a scratch on there's nothing you can do. I'd much rather scratch a removable piece of plastic. I bought mine off eBay and they are great.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I always use a screen protector on my touchscreen devices and have saved the real screen's glass buy doing so helping me preserve resale value also when i can show the buyer how perfect the screen is. The way I look at it is once you get a scratch on there's nothing you can do. I'd much rather scratch a removable piece of plastic. I bought mine off eBay and they are great.

I do the same thing....resale my stuff with no scratches. It's not a function of using a screen protector, its a function of using the device with a case and not letting stuff onto the screen that can scratch it. None of my touch-screen devices have scratches and I have many. I assume that I may wish to sell anyone of them going after the next thing.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I have a doggie who likes to walk on mine to get into my lap or as a bridge to get to his perch by the window. So, needless to say, I need a cover and they are on order lol.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I have a doggie who likes to walk on mine to get into my lap or as a bridge to get to his perch by the window. So, needless to say, I need a cover and they are on order lol.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Lol yeah I would definitely get one in your case haha. I feel much better letting others play with my iPad with my protector on.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2

Jarhead57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Toyeboy said:
Lol yeah I would definitely get one in your case haha. I feel much better letting others play with my iPad with my protector on.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2

Nobody gets to play my "toys". :)

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just protect the body especially the corners. I'm very careful who I let use my Ipad. No kids.
Really no reason for anyone to use my personal device anyway.
Don't wear rings or anything.

Most reactions

Latest posts