What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cover for pdfs

dodiesheffield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a lot of in iBooks that have no covers, and it is hard to tell them apart. Is there a way to add a cover in iBooks to a file that doesn't have one? Or to add a cover to someone else's pdf before sending it to iBooks, on my Mac? I have Snow Leopard.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Maybe.

If the PDF is added to iTunes on the computer first you can right click on the file, go to Artwork tab, and add a cover. When you sync this book should end up with that cover. This trick hasn't been working well for me since iOS 5, so no guarantees.

Since you have a Mac, you might be able to create front page in Preview. You can insert a blank page and then import some artwork. I'm not sure if this would show up as a front cover, but it is worth a try.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts