What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could you share some of the useful applications for ipad?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zite allows you to make your own custom magazine. It's great if you like the concept of personalized content.
The user interface is also well done.

Tried Zite for a few days, unfortunately it didn't impress. Sticking with Flipboard and Skygrid.

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Yes - TuneIn has to be the best app - in the UK it's not totally free, but it's less than $1 and has so many really neat features. Plus you can stream audio via 3G, so it's great for listening to in the car.

Tim
Scotland

Stream to your speakers? How? It is 0.99 cents in US

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AppleAlias3 said:
iBooks, ABC player, friendly for Facebook, twitterific for twitter, pages and keynote, time Warner cable viewer (if u have that), find my iphone, tune in radio, FLUD, macworld, dc comics, penultimate, and dozens more.

There is literally an app for everything. And most of those I listed are free. Some of the best apps are free. Don't forget about gaming! Good luck!

Abc player does not download says I have to do on my pc first?

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
Tried Zite for a few days, unfortunately it didn't impress. Sticking with Flipboard and Skygrid.

I was the opposite, love Zite but didn't really like Flipboard. Lesson there for newbies is try both and see which one you like. As long as you find one you like, that's what matters. :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Yes - TuneIn has to be the best app - in the UK it's not totally free, but it's less than $1 and has so many really neat features. Plus you can stream audio via 3G, so it's great for listening to in the car.

Tim
Scotland

Stream to your speakers? How? It is 0.99 cents in US

The iPad supports Bluetooth speakers. If you want to connect to your regular stereo you can connect using a cable from the iPad's headphone socket.

I don't know of any way to stream using WiFi, though.

Tim
Scotland

lysolqn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I meant TuneIn, not InTune. Between "i"Pad, "i"Pod, "i"Tunes, "i" guess "i"'ve been trained to put the "i" before everything! My apologies. It was in fact free when I downloaded it +/- two months ago, but now that I think of it, it was a limited time offer. Great app.

Last edited:
OP
P

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donka said:
I'm in the same boat as you but GarageBand is so well crafted that I'm sure you will enjoy the tinkering nature of it. The smart guitar is awesome and here is a huge choice of keyboards for differing sounds. I just need to learn more on how to construct a song now and see how far I get with it.

from 1 to 10 ill rate it as 6.. Measure allowed are only 8 measures .. And The sound is so soft that you wont hear it anymore when sm1's talking.. But its a great app if youd like to just play around

Martlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen mention of an app that will track your online bills and allow you to pay them. Is anyone familiar with it?

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Zite is awesome. Love TuneIn and Zinio as well.

One app I haven't seen mentioned here that I think is a MUST HAVE: AppAdvice. Great apps reviews, best-of lists, Apple and tech news (anything referencing iOS devices), comparisons, notifications of apps that have gone free/slashed their prices (often to 99 cents) for a limited time and even giveaways of apps (entering is as easy as commenting on the relevant story). I've discovered a lot of interesting stuff and have gotten my hands on several dirt cheap and free awesome apps with AppAdvice.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Mtnmedic said:
One app I haven't seen mentioned here that I think is a MUST HAVE: AppAdvice. Great apps reviews, best-of lists, Apple and tech news (anything referencing iOS devices), comparisons, notifications of apps that have gone free/slashed their prices (often to 99 cents) for a limited time and even giveaways of apps (entering is as easy as commenting on the relevant story). I've discovered a lot of interesting stuff and have gotten my hands on several dirt cheap and free awesome apps with AppAdvice.

Question about the AppAdvice app. Is it the same stuff that is on their website, or is it different content?

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donka said:
I'm in the same boat as you but GarageBand is so well crafted that I'm sure you will enjoy the tinkering nature of it. The smart guitar is awesome and here is a huge choice of keyboards for differing sounds. I just need to learn more on how to construct a song now and see how far I get with it.

I bought it this morning. I agree, it is very cool. So far just the "wow" factor has made the price worth it. I just hope I don't get bored with it and can actually learn something from it. I googled up some websites that teach you about musical notes so maybe those together with it will help. Have the website open on my iPhone while having the app open on the pad or whatever like that.

Now I'm contemplating iMovie.

Most reactions

Latest posts