What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could not activate home sharing

RobHall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope someone can help, I have just installed latest version of iTunes and now my home sharing does not work, I get error message could not activate home sharing error code 5599

The error is on my pc but the home sharing will not activate on my iPad also, would uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes help?

Any help would be appreciated

Rob

OP
R

RobHall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RobHall said:
Hope someone can help, I have just installed latest version of iTunes and now my home sharing does not work, I get error message could not activate home sharing error code 5599

The error is on my pc but the home sharing will not activate on my iPad also, would uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes help?

Any help would be appreciated

Rob

Update, the issue appears not to be with my iPad I can turn on home sharing ok, so appears to be a problem with iTunes?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Turn off home sharing and then turn it back on again.

It used to be flaky for me, never wanting to connect or stay connected but since I updated iTunes it seems better. This fix is what I've had to do many times.

OP
R

RobHall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Turn off home sharing and then turn it back on again.

It used to be flaky for me, never wanting to connect or stay connected but since I updated iTunes it seems better. This fix is what I've had to do many times.

Will give this a try, many thanks

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
RobHall said:
Now up and running, many thanks

No problem. Glad it worked. Incidentally, I lost wireless syncing as a result of the last update, so if that isn't working, I wouldn't waste too much time worrying about it. It appears that we can't have it all ways, and home sharing is a lot more useful IMO.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

OP
R

RobHall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
No problem. Glad it worked. Incidentally, I lost wireless syncing as a result of the last update, so if that isn't working, I wouldn't waste too much time worrying about it. It appears that we can't have it all ways, and home sharing is a lot more useful IMO.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

I don't tend to use wireless sync, got to visit my computer now and again!, thanks anyway.

Rob

Most reactions