What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could Microsoft Office be Heading to the iPad?

OP
P

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
91f2635c.jpg

Amorissette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You coule also use Logmein or RDC to take control Of your pc/Mac through an Internet/3G connection. I use them often to acess legacy apps (accounting etc) and it works great. You need to be connected of course.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you've been spending years perfecting your use of certain software like Word for example, it's counterproductive to use something not as powerful and tested.

I'd like to see it on iPad. And Adobe Photoshop for that matter.

OP
P

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
who needs office? There are plenty of apps that already do what you want, why buy another?
Which app lets me open a Powerpoint 2007 document, make changes to it and then show it out the display connector without losing any shadows or formatting changes?

Papaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which apps for creating,saving, & ATTACHING files & sending

who needs office? There are plenty of apps that already do what you want, why buy another?

Please tell me which apps I need to create, save and then send as an attachment via email? I have been snooping around the app store and it looks like I will need PAGES or DOCUMENTS TO GO.......also, how can I print a doc from my iPad? Appreciate any help.

Thanks
papaboy
Boston, MA
USA

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Please tell me which apps I need to create, save and then send as an attachment via email? I have been snooping around the app store and it looks like I will need PAGES or DOCUMENTS TO GO.......also, how can I print a doc from my iPad? Appreciate any help.

Thanks
papaboy
Boston, MA
USA

Several "office tools" can be useful.
Goodreader
AirSharing HD
Dropbox and
Office2HD
Look them up to learn about them.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If MS Office continues on the path they are going down, I am going to an alternative. They are dropping the price on Office for Mac coming out, but the catch is that there is no way to put it on more than one computer, and Entourage is no more. It would not too bad to see Outlook for Macs, but you have to buy the higher level versions to get it.

OP
P

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If MS Office continues on the path they are going down, I am going to an alternative. They are dropping the price on Office for Mac coming out, but the catch is that there is no way to put it on more than one computer, and Entourage is no more. It would not too bad to see Outlook for Macs, but you have to buy the higher level versions to get it.
Do they offer academic/home user pricing for macs? I got mine really cheap that way when 2007 first came out.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've installed DocsToGo in the iPad. Its counterintuitive but it works. You can modify Word, Excel and Ppt documents on the iPad and sync them to the PC. It does not have a beautiful interface but it gets the basics done. 14.99 is not expensive if you think about it.

OP
P

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've installed DocsToGo in the iPad. Its counterintuitive but it works. You can modify Word, Excel and Ppt documents on the iPad and sync them to the PC. It does not have a beautiful interface but it gets the basics done. 14.99 is not expensive if you think about it.
That's what I'm using. Editing Powerpoints is very limited. It screwed up the layout on a lot of my slides. But, I think it may be the most versatile out there right now.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All the Office apps that exist today have severe limitations and formatting issues.

Go Microsoft!

Most reactions

Latest posts