What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copying Videos

DTBPro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I'm trying to understand why some videos will copy to the IPad and others don't. I have a business where my clients are downloading h.264 mp4 videos. It seems if the resolution is over 1280 x 720, the video will not play. It appears if the height is larger than 720, it can play. However, if the width is larger than 1280 it will not. But, I'm also getting some 1280 x 720 videos that will not play for some reason. Below is a comparison of 2 videos.

Any insight into the ins and outs of what IPad is accepting and what I'm experiencing is greatly appreciated.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a total picture tho...what codec aree they. iPad will only play h.264 video natively. You should try out air video if you have a desktop computer to host the videos.

OP
D

DTBPro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a total picture tho...what codec aree they. iPad will only play h.264 video natively. You should try out air video if you have a desktop computer to host the videos.

Thx for the response. I mentioned briefly in my OP that my videos are h.264. Both of these videos are.

mpengle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I understand the Ipad will not play any video that has a (width??) more than 720 as it is only rated up to 720p. Something like that...

liqddynamite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I understand the Ipad will not play any video that has a (width??) more than 720 as it is only rated up to 720p. Something like that...

It looks like both of those videos are 1280x720 (720p) though, so why would one play but not the other?

iVegas702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question. How does AirVideo work? Will I be able to watch a video on the when not in range of the server computer at home. Does it just stream from my server computer to the ipad of does it download it to the ipad.

Most reactions

Latest posts