What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting .MTS/.WMV files to MPEG-4 for ipad mini

blueorb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.

First time poster. Need some help in trying to get some files onto my Ipad mini. I have two sets of files; one from a GoPro that I can load into the mini with no problem and another which were recorded using a Sony HD-XR160 which creates .MTS files.
I am having a very hard time getting the .MTS files (or .WMV when saved in Windows Live Movie Maker) converted so that they will be accepted by my mini. My latest attempts were using Handbrake and Aiseesoft MTS Converter.

Handbrake - I have selected output settings as follows: Container= MP4file, Video Codec = MPEG-4(FFmpeg). The file is converted and saved to a micro SD card (Sandisck Ultra 32g). When I attempt to download the save file from the micro sd card I am unsucessful (I am using the lightning micro sd adapter).

Aiseesoft MTS Converter - This is one even more baffling as output profile is listed specifically for ipads. Profile = iPad MPEG4 Video (*.mp4). Again, The file is converted and saved to a micro SD card (Sandisck Ultra 32g). When I attempt to download the save file from the micro sd card I am unsucessful (I am using the lightning micro sd adapter).

Does anyone know what my problem could be? The new files are in formats that the ipad mini should recognize. However, when I plug in the adapter and insert the micro sd card adapter nothing happens (meaning the mini cannot read the file). Could something be wrong with the sd card? Am I missing something else?

Thanks.

Edit to add - when attaching the lightning adapter and inserting the micro sd card my mini is not responding at all. No msg saying it can't read the files or anything. Should it do that? Should if at least attempt to read the card adn notify me of an error?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts