What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting iPad 2 16gb Verizon to At&t with hardware mods

evgasr2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey!
I just want to know: is it possible to replace the connecting 3g verizon board to at&t connecting 3g board ?
I know the connectors are same , but still dont know if it will work . sim card slot can be added by replacing headphone ribbon which includes sim card slot .
I bought my ipad 2 off ebay so I cant depend on apple or verizon .
I do get many cdma connections in my country but dont know how to set it up with the ipad or dont know if it has 3g in cdma.
so the easy way is to convert verizon to at&t .

answers will be appreciated .
thanks mate

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there-I just deleted your other post which was a duplicate of this message. Please do not do this as it is against forum rules. We want to keep topics to one thread to make it easier for members to follow the discussion and assist as needed. This cannot be done when there are multiple threads present.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
evgasr2 said:
Hey!
I just want to know: is it possible to replace the connecting 3g verizon board to at&t connecting 3g board ?
I know the connectors are same , but still dont know if it will work . sim card slot can be added by replacing headphone ribbon which includes sim card slot .
I bought my ipad 2 off ebay so I cant depend on apple or verizon .
I do get many cdma connections in my country but dont know how to set it up with the ipad or dont know if it has 3g in cdma.
so the easy way is to convert verizon to at&t .

answers will be appreciated .
thanks mate

It might be possible to turn on 3G services by going to the cellular service provider using CDMA protocol in your country. If they do, you might have to change out the sim card from Verizon to the sim card provided by your local provider.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your actual question.

I bet you could sell your Verizon iPad on eBay, buy an AT&T iPad on eBay, and not spend much more money. You will certainly save a great deal of stress.

Of course you could be doing this for the challenge. In that case, have fun!

OP
E

evgasr2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the thumps up .
im going to sell this and buy a at&t ipad.

Most reactions