What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting AVI to MPEG?!

abiparker85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to watch movies on my pad but I've only got them in AVI form? How do I convert them to MPEG?

Baring in mind I'm not good at technology "talk" lol!

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have a Mac? I'm not sure if this can be done on Windows. But you could buy QuickTime 7 and open the avi movie and export to mov or m4v. Do a google search for Handbreak. I've never used it but heard that its a good program for converting movies.

OP
abiparker85

abiparker85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent! I'll give it a go and more than likely get it wrong! Haha! Thanks! :D

Walt Cullop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you google the subject you will get a list of programs that will do that. I used PCHand iPad Mate to convert a bunch of wmv files over to mpeg.

OP
abiparker85

abiparker85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Walt Cullop said:
If you google the subject you will get a list of programs that will do that. I used PCHand iPad Mate to convert a bunch of wmv files over to mpeg.
Brilliant, will give that a go! Thank you!

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I convert AVIs to mp4 for my iPad all the time.

Here's a guide I wrote about how I do it using Format Factory. Really easy to do.

Most reactions