What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Convert to PDF App help

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good pay app that will convert web pages, emails and photos to PDF files. I want one that formats good, has a smooth interface and is easy to use.
I use PDF Expert to read and edit on but their converter seems to get bad reviews.

Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use PDF Converter (the one you're talking about) and find it usable, if not perfect.

If there is a better app out there, I haven't found it yet. Hopefully someone else has.

Alternately, at least for websites, there is PDFmyURL.com. The basic service isn't any better than PDF Converter in my opinion, but you can go premium and get much better control over the results. Not sure how well that will work with the iPad's browser. They have a bookmarklet that you can use directly in Safari to convert web pages.

You can find the bookmarklet and how to set it up here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/72353-guide-creating-safari-bookmarklets.html

The main reason I keep it around is it saves as landscape instead of portrait PDF's (the opposite of PDF Converter); so I have more options.

HanllyJimes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are many free app out there that can convert PDF to other format, like ePub, mobi, just Google it.

OP
Ipad Now

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are many free app out there that can convert PDF to other format, like ePub, mobi, just Google it.

I think the paid apps work better and I like to support the developers.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use PDF Converter (the one you're talking about) and find it usable, if not perfect.

If there is a better app out there, I haven't found it yet. Hopefully someone else has.

Alternately, at least for websites, there is PDFmyURL.com. The basic service isn't any better than PDF Converter in my opinion, but you can go premium and get much better control over the results. Not sure how well that will work with the iPad's browser. They have a bookmarklet that you can use directly in Safari to convert web pages.

You can find the bookmarklet and how to set it up here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/72353-guide-creating-safari-bookmarklets.html

The main reason I keep it around is it saves as landscape instead of portrait PDF's (the opposite of PDF Converter); so I have more options.
Thank you for that URL. Their basic service seems to work fine on the iPad 4, although a little laggy.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you for that URL. Their basic service seems to work fine on the iPad 4, although a little laggy.

No problem. Most services like this lag a bit. They have to download the website, convert it to a PDF, then send it back to you. And they are generally doing it for hundreds, if not thousands, of people at the same time. I find it pretty remarkable that it works at all. Then again, I grew up in the 60's and 70's. Pretty much all technology today looks like science fiction when I pause to think about it. :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Most services like this lag a bit. They have to download the website, convert it to a PDF, then send it back to you. And they are generally doing it for hundreds, if not thousands, of people at the same time. I find it pretty remarkable that it works at all. Then again, I grew up in the 60's and 70's. Pretty much all technology today looks like science fiction when I pause to think about it. :)

Yep - I know the feeling - probably my first introduction to 'amazing' electronic technology was my first transistor radio in the early '60s - as I recall cost was about $35 then (just did an inflation calculation quoted below - amazing what you can get today for a couple hundred dollars!). Dave :)

$35.00 in 1962 had the same buying power as $267.87 in 2013.Annual inflation over this period was 4.07%.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep - I know the feeling - probably my first introduction to 'amazing' electronic technology was my first transistor radio in the early '60s - as I recall cost was about $35 then (just did an inflation calculation quoted below - amazing what you can get today for a couple hundred dollars!). Dave :)

$35.00 in 1962 had the same buying power as $267.87 in 2013.Annual inflation over this period was 4.07%.

So, in reality the hot consumer tech of the sixties cost about the same as the hot consumer tech of the present, or a bit less. The newest, coolest music listening device, the iPod Touch, starts at $229. :)

OP
Ipad Now

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone try "to pdf" it gets good reviews and seems to have more features than "pdf converter"?

Most reactions