What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Convert Blu-ray to IPad 3

Stillerfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for software advice to rip Blu-ray collection to windows pc then to IPad 3. I am assuming that it will have to have include encryption software. Any input greatly appreciated. Found some free software out there but looking for experienced advice and not opposed to paying for something that will work well. Also there is a lot of stuff out there that says rip DVD to iPad. But does that mean it will automatically rip Blu-ray too? And can they all burn my encrypted Blu-ray collection? Any help greatly appreciated.

jmbarker58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roxio Toast (latest version) will convert Blu-ray to a format that will play on an iOS device. As for encryption, that will require other software.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AnydvdHD (remove CP) ==> Handbrake.

or

MakeMKV (to uncompressed mkv) ==> Handbrake.

First option maybe faster, depending on your hardware.

alextang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AnydvdHD (remove CP) ==> Handbrake.

or

MakeMKV (to uncompressed mkv) ==> Handbrake.

First option maybe faster, depending on your hardware.

Free way +1 , MakeMKV + HandBrake, Rip Blu-rays to MKV step 1, convert MKV to MP4 for iPad step 2

But, if use shareware, AnyDVD HD is not the best choice (costs 63.00 EUR and just 1 year ), I recommend use Blu-ray ripper software (costs up to $40), google Blu-ray to iPad 3

Last edited:
L

Lunar

I use Aiseesoft DVD to iPad converter, this handles BluRays and their protection with no issues at all, produces very high quality results, I've been well pleased with it.

bellymeng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use this blu-ray ripper and it can rip blu-ray disc to iPad. you can have a try yourself with it.

No outside links please

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions