What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contacts

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, I have my contacts selected on in settings, iCloud on my iPad. I would like to view them on my iPhone but not mix them with my iPhones contacts. If I select the contacts in settings, iCloud to on on my iPhone, will they converge with my iPad or give me the choice of which ones to view? Thanks.

greg ottaviano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Husq250 said:
Hi, I have my contacts selected on in settings, iCloud on my iPad. I would like to view them on my iPhone but not mix them with my iPhones contacts. If I select the contacts in settings, iCloud to on on my iPhone, will they converge with my iPad or give me the choice of which ones to view? Thanks.

I tried to do the same thing on my iPod but got all of my iPhone contacts from iCloud

OP
Husq250

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well that stinks. The devices show other iCloud connected devices it seems we should be able to view each of them without mixing them.

RodC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not create contact groups - one with your iPhone contacts and one with your iPad contacts within your iCloud account by logging in via a web browser? This way you can keep the two sets of contacts separate.

OP
Husq250

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RodC said:
Why not create contact groups - one with your iPhone contacts and one with your iPad contacts within your iCloud account by logging in via a web browser? This way you can keep the two sets of contacts separate.

I guess I don't know how I would do that. I did log in and don't see a reasonable way to do so without having to copy and paste each part of every contact to a new group. Can you shed any light on doing that?

RodC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hm, unless I am misunderstanding your question, you can easily add contacts to groups by logging in to your iCloud account, clicking on the red band (see screenshot), creating a new group and just dragging and dropping contacts from the "All Contacts" section to that group.

Attachments

• 2012-10-16_174821.png
    2012-10-16_174821.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 247
OP
Husq250

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes that worked. The first try I used my iPad with a desktop like browser but their are still a couple thing it won't allow me to do like drag and drop. So far it worked with moving all my iPad contacts over to a a new group but continues to rename that group "null". When I turn on iCloud for my iPhone I'm sure it'll merge them with the rest of "all on iCloud" and I'll have to pick through them one by one. At least their wont be as many. Thanks for your response.

OP
Husq250

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had my contacts separated for a while now like I wanted. Only thing I can't figure out is that in iCloud where I create and name them, iCloud renames my iPads contacts "null". Any ideas?

OP
Husq250

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well i renamed it again and this time it stuck.

Most reactions

Latest posts