What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add/Change Contact Info - Best, Most Consistant?

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Using Outlook 2007 on a PC (Windows 7) together with an iPad and the iPhone. Then throw in the iCloud experience and I'm getting mixed results. It got so bad that I had to call Apple for support for iCloud because of errors that would not allow iCloud to load. They never did solve the problem but it is fixed.

Now if I add a photo to a contact using the iPhone the photo never gets to the iCloud. I make changes to a contact in iCloud and it doesn't appear on the iPhone/iPad.

I just made a change to a contact using Outlook and the change did appear in the iPad/iPhone. But I have made changes before this that didn't appear in the iCloud/iPad/iPhone.

Might it be better to remove the iCloud from the equation and just sync with Outlook?

Anybody have experience with this?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Might not be what you're looking for, but I use the (free) Bump app if I've got contacts on one iDevice that have trouble showing up on other iDevices and/or iCloud.

Steps that I've used:

-- Install Bump on both iPad and iPhone.
-- From the Bump address book of whichever iDevice you want to send from, click on the contact(s) that you want to copy.
-- Bump both iDevices together.
-- When I've done that, the contact ends up on my iCloud account.

Doing this allowed me to move hundreds of contacts from one device to another, and onto iCloud, without having to mess with Outlook (and avoid using a PC or Mac, because I did it all from my iDevices). I did that recently because Apple phased out MobileMe, and I wanted to avoid using Outlook, because my Outlook address book was out of date because I'd stopped using it years ago.

Last edited:
OP
J

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think I got a handle on this issue. I don't make changes to either device. All changes or additions to contacts are done using Outlook, specifically in the Group of the iCloud Contact section. It seems that if I make a change in the iCloud section of Outlook it won't appear in the Group but if I make a change in the Group section it will appear in the All iCloud Contacts section of Outlook 2007. Then the changes will appear in each device.

Most reactions

Latest posts