What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contacting Apple

gringo3391

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys new to this forum I had problems with my iPad 2 whilst updating the last update I took it to Genius Bar and they said it wasn't very well and was not worth repairing so I am left with an iPad I had as a gift which was only just over warranty by twenty days, I have contacted apple but as they say they read the emails but will not reply only if you had ideas to help with the iPad so I am asking does anyone know how to contact apple direct if so could you please enlighten me with this information as I would like to know where I stand with apple many thanks gringo3391

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If your iPad is no longer under warranty, Apple is not obligated to replace your iPad. You will have to buy a new or refurbished iPad at full price, if Apple can't repair your existing one. The repair cost is about half the full cost of a new iPad, if Apple can repair it.

Last edited:
OP
G

gringo3391

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand about the warranty ,but maybe if I could contact apple directly I might stand a better chance of getting it replaced because of the nature of the iPad crashing with so much hardware failure,I could understand if it was a washing machine which nearly gets replaced after 12 months,this is why I would like to contact them directly to see if anything can be done at there end thanks for info scifan 57

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi guys new to this forum I had problems with my iPad 2 whilst updating the last update I took it to Genius Bar and they said it wasn't very well and was not worth repairing so I am left with an iPad I had as a gift which was only just over warranty by twenty days......................

Hi Gringo.... - welcome to the forum! :)

Good luck contacting Apple - hope there is some help; however, just curious - I'm assuming that this was a 'used' iPad 2 given your warranty statement? If so, had the device been damaged and/or 'jailbroken'? May have impacted on the advise given by the 'Genius...' guys? But, I agree that you are probably 'out of luck' - sorry (crossing my fingers, though!) - :thumbs:

OP
G

gringo3391

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Gringo.... - welcome to the forum! :)

Good luck contacting Apple - hope there is some help; however, just curious - I'm assuming that this was a 'used' iPad 2 given your warranty statement? If so, had the device been damaged and/or 'jailbroken'? May have impacted on the advise given by the 'Genius...' guys? But, I agree that you are probably 'out of luck' - sorry (crossing my fingers, though!) - :thumbs:

Hi giradman
Thanks for the interest the iPad was a real deal not touched in anyway what so ever, that is one of the reasons I wanted to talk to apple even the genius guys couldn't believe there was hardware failure like that,maybe mine is just a one off,let's hope so ,but yes somebody has replied with a link I could try I will see how get on and let you guys know and I do hope it doesn't happen to anyone else Gringo
N

Most reactions