What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connection to server

emilycyc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything is running smoothly until suddenly (don't know why), the Mail just responds with a note " Cannot Get Mail - The connection to the server failed". By the way the Internet connection on my PC is working perfectly, only problem with my iPad. Please help! What should I do?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you saying you get mail on your PC or just that the Internet is working there? Can you surf the Internet on your iPad or is it just the Mail app that cannot access the server?

Tim

OP
E

emilycyc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot get Internet on the iPad, everything that needs Internet just shows "cannot connect"

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would try one of these three options.
1. Press and hold the power button until the iPad asks to power off, the restart and try the Internet again.
2. Press and hold the power button and home button until the iPad totally powers down, this may take a minuet or so, turn back on and try the Internet.
3. Go into the iPad settings, go to wifi, find your network and select the arrow, then touch forget this network and reset up you wifi settings for your network.

Hope this is clear

nfcourse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would try one of these three options.
1. Press and hold the power button until the iPad asks to power off, the restart and try the Internet again.
2. Press and hold the power button and home button until the iPad totally powers down, this may take a minuet or so, turn back on and try the Internet.
3. Go into the iPad settings, go to wifi, find your network and select the arrow, then touch forget this network and reset up you wifi settings for your network.

Hope this is clear

I have the same problem.
Have tried these 3 suggestions, but still no connection to internet.

It has worked perfectly for a few weeks, suddenly today no connection.
The WiFi signal is showing full strength.

My wife's identical iPad2 connects perfectly to internet via WiFi and the same cable router.

Do I have a Safari SW problem?

Regards,

nfcourse

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
before or after you restart the ipad just unplug the router and modem for like 60 secs and reboot it.
every once in a while i have to do this with my desk top because sometmes i cant get on line and rebooting the router ad modem works

Most reactions

Latest posts