What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting to internet via SMC router on iPad?

FromThailand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can connect to my SMC router but don' t know how to create a PPPoE internet connection. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can connect to my SMC router but don' t know how to create a PPPoE internet connection. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The iPad can only connect to the Internet using WiFi or 3G. Ethernet connections are not supported.

Tim

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your provider uses pppoe you may need to log into your router and add your userid and password. DSL providers in my area use this method. If your iPad is connected to your router and you know the password I would suggest starting there. You may need specific info fro your provider.

Last edited:
OP
FromThailand

FromThailand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rog said:
If your provider uses pppoe you may need to log into your router and add your userid and password. DSL providers in my area use this method. If your iPad is connected to your router and you know the password I would suggest starting there. You may need specific info fro your provider.

Thanks, i'll try that and let you know if it worked. I need to get info from my ip first.

Most reactions

Latest posts