What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting iPad to HDMI TV Input

epoche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a MBP which I connect to Sony HDMI input coming out of MBP mini video out to male DVI to male HDMI. MBP screen appears on HDTV.

When I connect iPad 30 pin/female Apple adaptor to male VGA /female DVI to above male/male DVI to HDMI cable I get no Sony HDMI picture.

Is there some reason one cannot go from VGA to DVI?

P.S. Adaptor supplier said not good idea to have multiple connectors. Sending Apple dock connector back, adaptor, etc. Guess I fell for the SJ show and thought a simple video out to HDMI in would suffice like MBP-HDTV that works nice for me. However, the iPad isn't a computer is it? Guess I got ahead of myself.

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can only connect the unit up using composite connections from what I understand. IMHO, The more cable adapters that you hook up, the more terminals that will fail to be supported.

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I've read, you have to use the $50 Apple component kit to get it to work and even then it'll only support slideshows and itunes.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TheBaron said:
From what I've read, you have to use the $50 Apple component kit to get it to work and even then it'll only support slideshows and itunes.
Yes that is correct I use it for playing movies from the iPhone onto a LCD at hotels and motels it works great will also work with ipad it has component out.

Most reactions