What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting Ipad to car

Marcelekusa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,I would like to connect my iPad 3G to my car thru Bluetooth using A2DP protocol.There is a lots of adapters on market for this,but mostly for wireless speakers and they all are deigned for iPod or iPhone so I'm not sure if it'll work with my Ipad.
Bluetooth in my car supports A2DP..
I'm choosing this route to avoid any messy wires.
I also don't wanna adapter which connects thru FM because sound quality sucks.
Anyone knows adapter which would connect my iPad to my car????
My car also has iPhone connector but it doesn't work with Ipad.
Thank you for help!!!
Marcel

(2010 MB E Coupe)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The parrot is ideal do search in forum. Designed for iPhone and any input device like USB etc Bluetooth is excellent as has own speakers and amp but may be a bit expensive for your needs unless yu planning to buy an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

Marcelekusa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do have iPhone which can be connected to my car thru iPhone connector which came with my car.
But I wanna play movies etc from my iPad thru car stereo.
And parrot offers more like Bluetooth for connecting phones to car which doesn't have Bluetooth.
What model from Parrot did u have in mind?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Parrot system

Parrot MKi9200 in car integrated hands free system
My recommendation is the Parrot system. I have been using mine since August last year with my iPhone 3GS. Not only does it provide hands free phone connection but also complete control of the playlists on your phone or iPod. I also use it with the iPad to watch movies with the sound coming from all speakers in my Mazda 3. The direct connect provides a LCD for viewing your albums and provide the best digital sound available. In addition I have a window mount for the iPhone that I use the GPS copilot for again this time via Bluetooth the directions are heard through out the speakers in the car. One can play music at the same time which fades when the gps announces turns etc. I have tested this with the new os 4 and it is perfect how ever I have not tested it with the new iPhone as have to wait until July for our release.
It also supports other phones and USB as well however its designed more for the Apple iPhones and iPods. Cost in us I do not know go to parrot.com for details.
I forgot podcasts can be listen to using the bluetooth function no problems at all.
I also use the iPad using Bluetooth to watch movies. It provides an awesome sound through the parrot system using all speakers in the car. Music from iTunes can also be played along with games that have sound. Car mounts are available I just use a velcro strip to attach it to passenger side.

The iPad is not comparable with the direct connect
Regards Col.Bris
Details below

A complete system dedicated to in-car calls and music
The Parrot MKi9200 is a Bluetooth hands-free system with a 2.4-inch high-resolution TFT colour screen. A wireless remote control can be positioned on the steering wheel or dashboard and allows the driver to control all the functions of the MKi9200.

In addition to conventional telephony functions - pick up, hang up, dual calls - the Parrot MKi9200 boasts cutting-edge telephony functions: automatic phonebook synchronisation, training-free multi-speaker voice recognition, speech synthesis of the names in the phonebook, contact management (up to 2*000 per phone), call records, and so on.
Its colour screen displays the phonebook, caller ID and photo, phone information and user settings. The menus and phonebook are also audible for easier, more intuitive use.

Listen to your digital music in the car
The Parrot MKi9200 is also gifted for music. Supplied with a specific cable, it is compatible with all music sources, such as iPods, iPhones, USB flash drives, Bluetooth stereo (A2DP) phones, MP3 players and any other analogue players. The Parrot MKi9200 also features an SDHC-compatible SD card reader on the side of the screen.
The MKi9200 displays the full playlist along with the name of the artist, the title and even the corresponding album cover in colour when available on the iPod, iPhone or USB flash drive.
Music is delivered through all the car's speakers, giving the driver and passengers exceptional sound quality and the breathtaking Virtual SuperBass and Sound Spatializer

Please note the playlists are not available when using Bluetooth

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do have iPhone which can be connected to my car thru iPhone connector which came with my car.
But I wanna play movies etc from my iPad thru car stereo.
And parrot offers more like Bluetooth for connecting phones to car which doesn't have Bluetooth.
What model from Parrot did u have in mind?

I suggest go to their web site as the system i have replaces what you have now plus offers much much more

Most reactions

Latest posts