What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect Ipad to hard wired internet

wasabinuki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PC Magazine wrote an article about the ZuniConnect Travel which works very well for connecting a iPad (or any other Wi-Fi enabled device) to a wired network. The thing that is really cool about this product is that it has a built in USB charger that is capable of charging the iPad. If you want to read the article it can be found at: ZuniConnect Travel Router Review & Rating | PCMag.com

GulfcoastGeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heres a great solution. I just returned from a trip to Europe and many hotels there do not provide a wifi connection only an in-room ethernet connection. I carry a Cradlepoint CTR500 router with me when I travel. It has just about any kind of connectivity that you need. It has ethernet, a usb and express slot for cellular data cards of just about any kind. It is a full featured router with failover to to get to the internet through any of the connected gateways. It has just about any kind of security you can think of builtin. It is powered by an included a/c adapter which works well with power from 120-240 volts. I went to radio shack and bought a cigarette lighter adapter and power it in my truck. I have an at&t express wifi card that I use in my truck and have a nice wifi hotspot using the device. I had my own wifi network in the hotels in Europe using their ethernet connection. Just a thought.

stolly28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Zuni Connect to convert a wired hotel connection to my own personal Wi-Fi network from their wired in-room connection. I use the Zuni to connect my iPad and iPhone to the Internet using a single connection. Also, the Zuni has a built-in USB charging ports which is very convenient and allows me to leave my Apple wall AC adapter at home.

Most reactions

Latest posts