What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect disk and TV

fjgaspar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I have a question for you. I hope you can help me.

I have an IPad Mini (32 GB) and I have been searching for a way to connect it to my TV to clone the Mini Ipad screen into the TV display, and I have many doubts. The simple idea is to be able to see the IPAD screen in my 40" TV, and, if possible, connect an external hard disk with movies to the Ipad, to see the movies played by the IPad in the TV (If the solution to connect the hard disk were to expensive, I could put the movies in the IPAD through ITunes)

Also, if its not possible (or too expensive too) to connect to the TV in an inalambric way (i.e via wifi), I would need some program able to control de touch screen of the IPAD, from an android device or from another IPAD.

I have seen something called Apple TV, a short of device that is connected to the TV via HDMI and the Ipad connects to it trhoug Apple Air (which I suppose is done via wifi), but I haven't found enough information about how it works and is too expensive for me (112 euros).

Is it possible to do what I say at affordable prices?

Thank you.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If the Apple TV is too expensive, then get the lightning/HDMI accessory and an HDMI cable to your TV. You can set up iTunes sharing on your PC and store your content there. Or you can rent it from the iTunes store. This has been discussed here a zillion times so you can use the search function to find old posts on this topic.

OP
F

fjgaspar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. In spain, Apple TV costs 112 euros, which is too expensive for me. An Android MiniPC costs less than 60 euros and connects to TV trhough HDMI.

OP
F

fjgaspar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. The lihghtning to HDMI is a good option. But then it comes the 'control' question: I put the IPAD near the TV, because I need to connect it with an HDMI cable. Is there a way to control the Ipad from another device?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. The lihghtning to HDMI is a good option. But then it comes the 'control' question: I put the IPAD near the TV, because I need to connect it with an HDMI cable. Is there a way to control the Ipad from another device?
You can get a long HDMI cable...you can get up and walk a few feet. You can also check out the Remote app that apple puts out. Not sure if it control the iPad from a phone or not, but it might be worth checking. Generally, speaking, controlling the iPad remotely doesn't seem to be something apple is making happen. It's more the iPad doing the remote controlling of something else. After all, it is the mobile device.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts