What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conflict between iphone apps and ipad apps

taita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
here is my situation:
i have itunes syncing with a iphone 3gs and a ipad.
I download some specific app for ipad, example, app Pulse.
If i download the same app specific for iphone, and sync with the itunes, the next time i sync my ipad, the version of the ipad is replaced by the iphone version.

how can i have and sync the same app with diferent specifications (one for iphone and other for ipad),?

thanks lot

cheers

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get that too, also have 3gs and ipad, I thought Itunes would take care of it for me, but unless I am missing something..

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you plug either device into your computer and start iTunes, you can click on the Apps tab and place a check mark next to each app that you want synced to which device.

itunes10.jpg

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
will that work when you have the same app for both devices? Like my weather channel app (just using as exp) If I try to get it for Ipad tells me I already have it because it is on my iphone, so if I do the check next to it for iphone will I be able to get the Ipad version then?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That depends. I don't know about that app, but if there is a separate iPhone/iPod version and a separate iPad version, you should be able to download both.

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok cool I will give it a shot when I am close to laptop, Thank you for the info!

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright so I deleted the app on Ipad, went to app store got the Ipad version, then ran a sync and itunes unchecked the iphone version on its own, Thanks again, now I can do that with the rest of my apps that are messed up :)

Most reactions

Latest posts