What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete technophobe!

Janetjacob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.. I'm new to all this...bought the iPad for my son who has special needs for communication and accessing the web for kids games etc. I just need some explanation with the message "this player is not enabled for HTML5 delivery" ?? I'm attempting to view video-type content online with my son when the message appears. I am really trying to understand all this! Is there an app I can download to play the web content? Sorry if this has been asked before, but as I say...I'm a little technophobic!! Can anyone help...I'm in the UK

Janet

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello Janet, Welcome to the Forum!

Hi all.. I'm new to all this...bought the iPad for my son who has special needs for communication and accessing the web for kids games etc. I just need some explanation with the message "this player is not enabled for HTML5 delivery" ?? I'm attempting to view video-type content online with my son when the message appears. I am really trying to understand all this! Is there an app I can download to play the web content? Sorry if this has been asked before, but as I say...I'm a little technophobic!! Can anyone help...I'm in the UK

Janet

The website you are viewing is incompatible with the iPad. You might want to search the website to see if they have a mobile version of their website. For a little explanation, HTML5 is an application program that animates multimedia files such as videos. When a website indicates this message, it uses a non-iPad supported application called flash--which means you can't use your iPad to view content.

OP
J

Janetjacob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply...the website doesn't run a mobile version. I have just read that they're workin on use for iPad. I didn't understand that this is a common issue with ipad...I thought it was me not running it properly. How disappointing....I can't do a lot of the things With my son that I thought I could!:(

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How about searching the itunes store to find game apps

For your child? There are parents/caregivers on this forum who have posted information on various apps that has helped and entertained their child on the iPad.

I have not paid attention to those threads, I hope someone more knowledgeable about those apps responds to your post.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out "SkyFire HD" for iPad. It will allow you to play some flash based web sites, by converting flash to HTML5 on their servers and then sending it back to you in the HTML5 format that the iPad can play. However it does not appear to be interactive, so games won't play, at least not without a lot of lag. So if there is some content like animations or movies, it might work for you, on that site. Games, not so much.

Most reactions

Latest posts