What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete ipad 2 numpty needing help, please!

lynne kay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,
I've just bought an iPad today. Please can you tell me how I get my iPhone contacts onto my iPad? I'd like to invite people to meetings using the calendar function.
I'd also like to be able to print from my iPad, but I don't have a mac, I have a laptop, so I don't know that the printopia software is designed to work with them!
I have oodles of questions and I realise I need to learn to walk before I can run!
Many thanks
Lynne

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome. I'd suggest you try the search function on the forum, because there are many existing threads that address your questions.

OP
L

lynne kay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I've already put the search terms into the search engine but there are so many threads that it's very difficult to pick out the salient points.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Lynne, I assume you don't sync your iPhone contacts in any way at the moment?
If so, I came across a really simple free app in the app store which backs up and restores your contacts between any iDevices you own.
Go to the App store and search for and download "iDrive Contacts" on your iPhone. When you first run it, it will let you set an email and password for an account and will backup your contacts securely to their servers.

Then install the same app on your iPad and sign in with the same details. It will then let you restore all your contacts onto the iPad. Once this is done, you can get rid of the apps from both devices if you want.

I did this with my wifes phone and iPad as she never syncs contacts. It worked a treat...

Hopefully that helps with the contacts bit. I'll let others chime in on the printing, as I'm no expert there, sorry.

OP
L

lynne kay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, thank you for responding.
I bought an iPhone and an iPad today, can you imagine the fun!
What I thought I needed to do was to add all the phone numbers from the iPhone to the iPad, but actually I'm not sure why I would need to do that!
What I really want to do is to add my contacts from outlook on my laptop to the iPad so that I can schedule meetings with them, is that possible?
Thank you so much for any guidance!

Most reactions

Latest posts