What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comexs' patch

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comex states on the jb site: Along with the jailbreak, I am releasing a patch for the main vulnerability which anyone especially security conscious can install to render themselves immune; due to the nature of iOS, this patch can only be installed on a jailbroken device. Until Apple releases an update, jailbreaking will ironically be the best way to remain secure.

If I install this patch and then have to restore my iPad 2, will I be able to re-jailbreak? I have wifi only ipad 2 with 4.3.3 blobs backed up.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you restore, the patch and the jailbreak will all be gone. So yes, you can jailbreak again.

Buzmay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cryptic1 said:
Comex states on the jb site: Along with the jailbreak, I am releasing a patch for the main vulnerability which anyone especially security conscious can install to render themselves immune; due to the nature of iOS, this patch can only be installed on a jailbroken device. Until Apple releases an update, jailbreaking will ironically be the best way to remain secure.

If I install this patch and then have to restore my iPad 2, will I be able to re-jailbreak? I have wifi only ipad 2 with 4.3.3 blobs backed up.

Where is this patch?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Given that the jailbreak itself exploits a security feature in your iPad? Yeah, I would (and did).

Here are some comments from comex himself:
▻ Along with the jailbreak, I am releasing a patch for the main vulnerability which anyone especially security conscious can install to render themselves immune; due to the nature of iOS, this patch can only be installed on a jailbroken device. Until Apple releases an update, jailbreaking will ironically be the best way to remain secure.

So really, only you can make that decision for yourself (and your iPad).

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

P.S. And it's still there. Search for "PDF Patcher 2"

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did search that and still not showing up, I am getting a posix timeout error sometimes when cydia loads so that may be it. The servers are probably overloaded, I can only imagine how many people are doin jailbreak stuff right now

FahQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found the pdf patcher 2 on cydia but when i go to install it, I get an error saying the file is missing. Anyone else having any problems?

Thanks

edit: NVM a reboot cleared the issue up. I'm not patched up with no problems

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts