What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

College student

DanBarraclough04

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys
I'm looking for an app to type up my work on, on the go like when I'm in class.
I need something to work with apps such as Dropbox so I can quickly print them from my college network via a college PC.
I've thought about pages but the PC's in my college are so old and rubbish that they run a very old version of Internet explorer meaning I can't access iCloud to retrieve the documents.
So far I've been using Microsoft OneNote and then just copy and pasting between the two devices via SkyDrive however I'm not really liking OneNote too much AND my college's wifi does not allow me to connect to the OneNote server on the app itself. Bottom line is its a pain in the ass!
Any of you recommend me a good app to try that can synergies with apps such as Dropbox or Ubuntu One cloud services that will allow me to type up documents.
Remember though I'm on a student budget so the cheaper the better! :)

Thanks!

Dan

OP
D

DanBarraclough04

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I've tried that but unfortunately I keep getting an error when trying to use it saying my browser is not compatable, and my colleges network is a but finicky with stuff like that.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both Quickoffice Pro HD and Documents to Go premium will allow editing of files stored in Dropbox accounts and Google Docs. They're a bit on the pricey side though ($19.99 for Quickoffice Pro HD, $16.99 for Documents to Go Premium)

If you don't mind using a slightly complex workflow, you can use the cheaper version of Documents to Go with the Dropbox app via the Open In... feature to pass documents back and forth as needed.

EDIT: LOL! You posted about buying Quickoffice while I was typing :)

Assuming the iPad version works as well as the iPhone one it should work for you :)

mytimefindurs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CloudOn is will let you sync documents to Dropbox and it uses MS word, excel, and PowerPoint. Also, the app is free.

Most reactions

Latest posts