What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colin Comics - Adventures of iPad Admin Guy

rowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rowan.us
So I've been in Brisbane, Australia, and because of iPad Forums, my wife and I were treated to some major hospitality by one of the wonderful admin folks here, Colin, who I met in the early days of the forum. We had a great dinner at a Chinese restaurant downtown one night (among many other things), and so I constructed a pseudo-comic to spoof his kindness and generosity. Here is a little comic from my travel blog about traveling around the world. (Posted with Colin's blessings.)
3g9bxty

ShowImage

colincomics

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol thanks mate great time in Brisbane. I was blown away howmuch they use the ipad not to mention the latest i7 MacBook pro o set them ip with a Telstra mifi so all can connect at dame time including a kindle.

This is a prime example of using a ipad on holidays
I will add more to this later and please mods I know this links to a Blog but in this case I have given aproval

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great comic! Fun to see both of you and read the clever text.

OP
rowan

rowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rowan.us
That is very clever! How was the Chinese food?
Colin and I both had bug, which I'd never heard of. A bug is a type of lobster, often called the Moreton Bay Bug or just Mud Bug (in Brisbane). but is actually the Bay Lobster or Flathead Lobster. They serve just the tail so it's not like a New England lobster where you get the big claws but I'd say it has a bit more flavor. One of us had it Peking style and one of us had it Hong Kong style (one is dry...just grilled, the other is in a leek and ginger sauce, I don't remember which was which), both were really good.

Here's why it's called a bug:
moreton_bay_bug.jpg

Without any scale to the picture, it looks like something you might find in a bed, but it grows to 25 cm/9.8 inches long, so you'd notice it if it was under your pillow. Still, it was really good!

If it weren't for the three different tables of drunken teenagers trying to out sing Happy Birthday over each other, it would've been a perfect restaurant. Saturday night in downtown Brisbane is pretty crazy.

OP
rowan

rowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rowan.us
Lol thanks mate great time in Brisbane. I was blown away howmuch they use the ipad not to mention the latest i7 MacBook pro o set them ip with a Telstra mifi so all can connect at dame time including a kindle.

This is a prime example of using a ipad on holidays
I will add more to this later and please mods I know this links to a Blog but in this case I have given aproval
Thanks, Colin! Everything was great. We miss you already.

Yeah, I have to say, given the state of Internet access in Australia (swings between dial-up and DSL with some happy exceptions) the little Telstra portable wifi for AU$125 is really the ticket. We just turn it on whenever we need to go online, and it connects at 7-9 Mb/s download. And it doesn't matter whether we're driving or stationary. The iPad syncs up with it easily so this would be one thing I'd tell people to get when traveling in Australia (hooks up 5 devices at a time, so we can have my MBP, iPad, wife's iPod and her Kindle, and my iPhone all on it at the same time).

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Colin the advise you gave might come in handy for some ipf questions.he...hee.........

Most reactions