What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clock is three minutes fast.

miwy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Time on my iPad is three minutes ahead of Verizon time on my phone and the atomic clock. Atomic clock and phone agree. Is anyone else having this issue?

Major Eazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree.

I live in the United Kingdom, with the GMT, and I have a radio clock.

My iPad is roughly about 1 minute and 25 seconds too far ahead.

Just food for thought, would that happen to be the computer's fault? If the computer is fast (or slow) when we sync to iPad, would iTunes use the computer to set the clock on the iPad so the iPad's time would turn out to be fast/slow?

colinlaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just noticed this morning that my iPad alarm went off before my iPhone, and my iPad is EXACTLY 3 minutes faster than my iPhone and desktop Mac, both of which are synced to time servers. I have no idea the solution but its always good to find someone else with the same problem.

Djdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know if this will work on a 3g version, I have WiFi only and under Settings, General there is a Date / Time and you can manually change the time.. Had to do that on mine once already because the time was running fast too...

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sometime ago I adjusted the time and I remember it was few minutes ahead, I thought it just needed an adjustment. Few days ago I noticed it again and few minutes ahead and I wondered why again. I adjusted it again and still has the right time. I'll keep an eye on it though.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed on ALL wifi only models that this seems to be the case. I have both variants and it has always been this way. There was another topic about this awhile back and this seems to be the case across the board. I have no idea why...

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a known fact that GPS signal has an accurate time signal encoded into it while it broadcasts to the world. So all iPADs with an active GPS , never have a problem with time. It is like having a clock on the iPAD syncing to an Atomic Clock.
iPAD where the GPS is turned off are not accurte any more and start to behave like the only WiFi ones.

colinlaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I've learned online, the iPad in wi-fi mode or direct connected to a mac does not ever sync its clock when the device itself syncs. Perhaps this was not made a feature because its a mobile device that you might have set to another timezone? Who knows. However, the iPad does apparently sync its clock when in 3G mode like a phone. Mine is 3G but I've never enabled it so I can't confirm.

And I'm guessing the 3 minutes fast thing is just a coincidence with many of us, and there are probably a bunch of 4 and 5-minute-fast message boards out there as well.

Victguja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 3G one and I am using it for about 70% of the time with the 3G connection and just the remaining with the WiFi. It is always ahead after a while that I resync.

colinlaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad clock drift explained

I found a nice explanation of the iPad clock problem, but can't post the link until I have 3 posts on this board...so....this is #3

tozol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well i have to say i'm bloody astounded, seriously, for apple to let this happen is just daft.

Mine right now, wi-fi version is currently, just coming up to 9 minutes off, and that is unexceptable, and i may add, dam annoying to

zomboid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the link--that definitely explains why my iPad's clock is 10 minutes fast and waking me up a bit earlier each day. :[

Most reactions

Latest posts