What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd DST issue

mcevoys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad1 went through the "spring forward" last night, and now has an odd issue.

I'm in EST time zone.

When date/time is set for automatic, clock is -3 hours (as if I'm in PST)

When I turn off set automatic, time reverts ahead 3 hours to proper time.

I've tried a sync (to a computer with the proper time), as well as a soft reset with no effect...turning on automatic clock still shows -3 hours

Anyone have any ideas?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please forgive me, but I am going to ask the obvious question... In Settings, what is your time zone set to? By default, the time zone is set to Cupertino, CA which is in the Pacific Time Zone.... which also happens to be where Apple's HQ is located!

ipad87.jpg

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's probably a local AT&T issue. I had one here in Arizona too.

Michael

OP
M

mcevoys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1 day later, and the problem persists. If I change to "Set Automatically", I still lose 3 hours from my current (correct) time.

Reaction score
Please forgive me, but I am going to ask the obvious question... In Settings, what is your time zone set to? By default, the time zone is set to Cupertino, CA which is in the Pacific Time Zone.... which also happens to be where Apple's HQ is located!

ipad87.jpg

Mine was set to New York by default

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

Most reactions