What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning screen protectors

Gremlin56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have put a screen protector on my iPad 4, but am getting a few marks on there, what is the best way to clean the screen protector on my iPad, I have tried a cloth dry but still does not come up that clean. Any advice on cloths, or should I damp the cloth before trying to clean it. Thanks any advice.

From a newbie Gremlin 56

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi I have put a screen protector on my iPad 4, but am getting a few marks on there, what is the best way to clean the screen protector on my iPad, I have tried a cloth dry but still does not come up that clean. Any advice on cloths, or should I damp the cloth before trying to clean it. Thanks any advice.

From a newbie Gremlin 56

I personally would never use a dry cloth on anything like the screen.......dry can scratch, period.
Use a damp micro fiber cloth...

WAQAS4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently applied a screen protector which is the Eaglepro, but it isn't really worth getting. I am going to be getting a different kind of screen protector for my ipad, so how would I replace the new screen protector and will it mess up my screen by replacing it?

OP
Gremlin56

Gremlin56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
I personally would never use a dry cloth on anything like the screen.......dry can scratch, period.
Use a damp micro fiber cloth...

Any micro fibre cloth or has it got to be one for tablets ?

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im using 5dollar worth of screen protector and within month already some scratches usually i clean it with tissue paper and water because i think to use micro fibre cloth on a cheap screen protector is too much but im planning to change to zagg hd once its available in my country hopefully soon:ipad-keyboard:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get cheap microfibre cloths from opticians or sunglasses outlet shops, they normally have a pack of three for a pound (UK £), I figure that if they are good enough for optical glasses they are good enough for my displays.

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WAQAS4 said:
I recently applied a screen protector which is the Eaglepro, but it isn't really worth getting. I am going to be getting a different kind of screen protector for my ipad, so how would I replace the new screen protector and will it mess up my screen by replacing it?

Have a look at MOSHI XT screen protectors. You can find them in amazon and it runs for about $24. Well worth the price and so easy to put on with no bubbles to worry about. It is reusable by simply wash and let dry. I have gone thru a lot of protectors and finally bought this after a recommendation by another Moderator. Have a look and too bad the other didn't work out.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Any micro fibre cloth or has it got to be one for tablets ?

I purchase a whole bag of 24 micro-fiber towels @ Sams Club for about $12.
These are very high quality thick towels and work great for almost anything including cleaning the screen.

image.jpg

Last edited:

fuzzychicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, you are just wasting your money. iPads do not need screen protectors. The screens are scratch resistant, since its inception. If you want to get rid of the glare, thats another story.

If there are any prints and smudges, get eyeglass cleaning solution from Sears Opticals (and of course, a microfiber cloth). They sell a big bottle for $5 and it lasts forever. I use glasses and this liquid is used for cleaning all electronics screen and my few pairs of glasses, its been 3 years, still using the same bottle.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

From a newbie Gremlin 56

Gremlin...I use a microfiber cloth as well. Works nice to polish it up when needed.

By the way...I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

Thanks!

kingjust35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Zag HD screen protector for my Ipad which I find to be the best one. I just use a micro fabric cloth to clean the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Sissy526

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using the iVisor and it easily cleans with a microfiber cloth. From time to time I take it off and wash it under running water and dry with a lint-free cloth and then re-apply. It has a slight scratch or two here and there but it does not interfere with swiping or using the iPad. Since I wear a diamond ring that twists around, I'm glad to have a protector on the device. Better a slightly scratched up protector than a screen, IMHO.

Danengeus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spray some water on the micro fiber cloth and wipe in one direction. Your screen will become clean.

Most reactions

Latest posts