What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning iPad

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
taylor.sheridan said:
What does everyone use to clean/wipe off their iPads? What works the best?

I use my hands and you? He he

backudog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use one of my spare cloths i've got for cleaning my glasses, that works just fine. and if i forgot where i put the cloth i'll use one ive got for cleaning my LED tv, again works fine.

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a product called MS-260.It's widely used in the aviation industry.Very good

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Microfiber cloths are best. You can find them in various sizes and thicknesses. The most common place to find them is with the eyeglass accessories or electronics. They are excellent at removing fingerprints and when they get dirty, you can put them through the wash.

L

Lunar

Microfiber cloths are best. You can find them in various sizes and thicknesses. The most common place to find them is with the eyeglass accessories or electronics. They are excellent at removing fingerprints and when they get dirty, you can put them through the wash.

I agree.. thats all I use too, basically I clean the screen as I would a expensive pair of spectacles. Dont ever be tempted to use a liquid cleaner on the screen even those that shout out they are safe on coated screens, as it doesn't take much to remove the very thin special oleophobic coating which makes it dead easy to wipe those finger prints away. My son used one of these so called safe lcd cleaning sprays on his iPad1 and ever since.. well TBH he has to use the spray everytime now..lol.. whereas previously it just required a quick wipe with a soft cloth..needless to say.. a lesson learned.. just not worth the risk IMO. If the kids sticky fingers have been on it, (god forbid) and some marks are stubborn to remove I would'nt use anything but a clean cloth dampened with clean water.

vegasdell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a cleaning cloth would do the trick or one of those towels that you use for your car.

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How often does one need to clean the iPad, is cleaning the screen daily ok as long a Micro-Fibre cloth is used ?

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vish26 said:
How often does one need to clean the iPad, is cleaning the screen daily ok as long a Micro-Fibre cloth is used ?

Clean it when you want to when ever you feel like you need to

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cleaning the screen daily will it not cause any harm to the screen ?

Most reactions

Latest posts