What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cisco Anyconnect

sudnvictory

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just recently got an Ipad2 and was trying to see if I can connect to my work's vpn connection. On my pc based laptop, I use the Cisco anyconnect client which works well. There was a license certificate file (.pcf) that was dropped into program files\cisco systems\vpn client\profiles folder.

When I launch the Mac version of this Cisco anyconnect client, it does make the initial connection to the company but then gets closed because there is no license certificate (text based file).

My question is, how do I get that license certificate file installed properly on the Ipad2?

I'll add that while I am pretty computer saavy, I have just recently come over to the dark side so not too Mac literate yet?

OP
S

sudnvictory

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a Cisco Anyconnect app in the App Store. I'm guessing that is what you need.

You didn't fully read my post. I am running that app from the App Store but having an issue related to a license.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My apologies.

I felt a bit guilty for my lazy reading habits so I waded through Cisco's far from simple support site to find these two links. I think they are the most recent versions.

If you haven't already found them yourself, perhaps they will prove useful. Seriously, couldn't they have make a direct link from the Store's page to some iPad specific support on the site; instead of the support for everything Cisco? Oh well.

iPad User Guide for Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, Release 2.5  [Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client] - Cisco Systems

Release Notes for Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client, Release 2.5.x, for Apple iOS - Cisco Systems

OP
S

sudnvictory

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you sir. I had started to go through them but I will check out these 2 links as well. Appreciate your feedback. This issue may just be on the Corporate firewall side setting which I am trying to get an admin to comment on.

Most reactions

Latest posts