What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CineXPlayer - How is it working out for you?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad_cinexplayer.jpg

The iPad makes a great mobile video device, in fact, for me that is one if it's primary uses. I of course lamented at the fact that there is no "VLC" for the iPad, able to slice through obscure video formats with ease on my mac... there is no equivalent on the iPad.

Making this a tougher task is needing to get the ever-elusive App store approval. Any team going into this might rethink investing time and effort before writing such an app only to have Apple give it a thumbs down and making all the hard work for naught.

However, CineXPlayer tackled the challenge and seemingly destroyed the beast. However, recent reviews and user feedback seems to suggest that there's still a ways to go before CineXPlayer receives the polish to make it a truly game changing piece of software.

We're curious what our users think of it and if you've had difficulty with it? Please let us know in the comments.

In the mean time, you can read a nice review done by Mobiputing here: CineXPlayer gets put through the wringer

Saundman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The CineXPlex APP has been working fine on my iPad to view Xvid (avi) files. Loading via iTunes works well for me. I have not ran into any issues of a video not playing in CineXPlex yet.

skypod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CineX

An almost brilliant app. In the 2 weeks iv had it, iv tested about 40 xvid/avi files, I'd say around 25 worked. Which is good enough for version 1.0 imo. The devs seem very eager to improve this app, so aslong as apple don't interfere and the devs release updates, it's gonna be one of the most essential apps on the iPad. If it isn't already. And it will also have the privilege of taking dock status on my iPad!
Or apple could just add xvid support in 4.0 and make our lives abit easier :)

Most reactions

Latest posts