What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check this out ~ I am con....fused!

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it would last me, but I guess if you were just browsing it should be fine :) even if you go over it your just get an email no?

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Well ~ but ~ 48 MB will last three days, right?

Yep. It would, but trust me, the 48MB is outdated. There should be a small disclaimer stating that the data displayed may not be accurate, as it takes a while to update.

If they send an email, saying only 20Mb are left, then that is the value to count on.

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally don't have a 3g ipad, so I dunno if your usage is alot. But I'm amazed you only get 250mb lol.

I surf the net on my pc, and later on I do some racing on Motorstorm: Apocolypse on my PS3. And thats 250mb gone in a day! :D

*edit*
202 MB/48 MB left for 3 days. That would mean you use around 7.48mb a day, and would have around 25.56mb spare, if your usage stays the same. But as dontunderstandmyipod sais, thats probably outdated.

They wouldn't of sent you an email saying you only have 20mb left, if you had more. :(

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it would last me, but I guess if you were just browsing it should be fine :) even if you go over it your just get an email no?

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

I don't think you can go over. I am not sure.

SweetPoison said:
Well ~ but ~ 48 MB will last three days, right?

Yep. It would, but trust me, the 48MB is outdated. There should be a small disclaimer stating that the data displayed may not be accurate, as it takes a while to update.

If they send an email, saying only 20Mb are left, then that is the value to count on.

I think that 20 was really 20% not MB as the pop up said. The email did just state 20, tho.

I personally don't have a 3g ipad, so I dunno if your usage is alot. But I'm amazed you only get 250mb lol.

I surf the net on my pc, and later on I do some racing on Motorstorm: Apocolypse on my PS3. And thats 250mb gone in a day! :D

Oh wow. Well you are guy!

Thanks, Gentleman! I appreciate it!

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lets hope it did mean 20% and not 20mb!. If it's 20% then you'll be ok heh.

Either way, let us know how it turns out in 3 days time. :D

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lets hope it did mean 20% and not 20mb!. If it's 20% then you'll be ok heh.

Either way, let us know how it turns out in 3 days time. :D

I will let you know! I am off work til Monday and that is the 18th ~

20% would mean 50MB left, which is fairly close to the mentioned 48MB, so it would make sense, if the 20 was indeed percent.

Their email just said 20, but the pop up on the iPad said 20%. How do you know that 20% is 48MB?

You know what? Forget it! I don't really wanna know ~ I believe you!

Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I will let you know! I am off work til Monday and that is the 18th ~

Their email just said 20, but the pop up on the iPad said 20%. How do you know that 20% is 48MB?

You know what? Forget it! I don't really wanna know ~ I believe you!

You know, if you bake a tiny 250g cake and you have 4 friends coming over, each one gets to eat a 50g piece.
So 20% of the 250MB will be 1/5th, or 50MB.

:D

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just browsing itunes, and I found an app called "Bandwidth" (without the quotes :p).

It seems pretty good, you can click on "plan" in the top right corner of the app, and type in your max bandwidth for the month, say 250mb. And click the "date" in the top left of the app, and choose the date the monthly contract starts. Then there will be a status bar, showing how much bandwidth you have used in MB and in %. (you can have it display in Bytes, KB, MB, and GB)

Under that, it shows how many days into the month's contract you are, and how much you have downloaded, and uploaded.

Theres a pro version of the app, called Bandwidth Pro (how original lol) which costs £1.19, but the free version seems to do exactly the same thing. (there is an add at the bottom of the free app. Thats probably the only difference lol):rolleyes:

Anyway, heres a pic of it from my ipod (It's an iphone app, but who cares if it doesn't look pretty on the ipad, long as it works lol). I updated 1 of my apps to see if it worked, if you are wondering why it already shows 25mb. :p

IMG_1101.png

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello Marie!

Here is another app suggestion for you to manage your 3G monthly usage: Download Meter. It is very easy to use and it tells you how much you use every day. I hope you can see this picture:

6764c960.png

And here is what it looks like when I launch it. Note: it is ironic that I am using about as much as you do at the rate I'm going.

4c9a3bef.png

If I remember past experience, you are using a lot of data this month. When you first got your iPad you were buying the 2gig service and was only using less than 2MGS a day.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Matt! Where the hell have you been? You have been missed.:) I can see the picture ~ and thanks. This is on my list of things to do this weekend ~ get an App to tell me how much I use.

Yesterday ~ or was it Monday ~ I had to get more data as my last 5 hours ran out apparently.

Most reactions

Latest posts