What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheap Camera Connection Kit

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After reading up on the Camera Connection Kit and many of the issues with the power reduction and compatibility, I decided to go for a cheap one off the auction site to see how it performed.
I'm actually quite impressed. First up, I got a 2in1 usb/sd version for £8.80 delivered instead of the official one at £25. This has worked flawlessly for me so far with SD & SDHC cards and also the same via a USB card reader. I also connected my iPhone to the iPad 2 to test and it worked perfectly.
I was also impressed that RAW files from my Nikon dSLR copied over fine and you could swipe through them just as quickly & smoothly as if they were small JPG files.
I can actually see me now using this on holidays to offload and edit pictures on the go - looking at FilterStorm & Photogene for the editing part. I do like how the images are organised in the Photo app although I would love to see more flexibility in managing these albums in the iPad photo app.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used a cheap 2 in 1 cck on my recent holiday and it worked perfectly too.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

Most reactions