What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging IPad2 from Notebook

emoreira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard someone telling that there are notebook specific apps to rise the voltage of the notebook's USB port to allow it to charge the IPad 2.
Have someone any idea of this or where can I find those applications ?

talon90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most USB ports will charge the iPad2. The difference is that they generally do not have enough power to charge the iPad while it is in use. If you plug it in to the USB port and leave it alone it will charge. If you plug it in and then turn on the iPad you will see "iPad not Charging" once you turn it off it will go back to charging and after a couple to a few (depending on battery charge when starting), it will end up being charged just fine.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
Personally I suggest charging from the wall socket. It just works every time.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia

talon90 said:
Most USB ports will charge the iPad2. The difference is that they generally do not have enough power to charge the iPad while it is in use. If you plug it in to the USB port and leave it alone it will charge. If you plug it in and then turn on the iPad you will see "iPad not Charging" once you turn it off it will go back to charging and after a couple to a few (depending on battery charge when starting), it will end up being charged just fine.

I agree with col.bris, most USB ports do not have the wattage to charge iPad 2's in a reasonable time. Use the wall outlet charger is my advice.

Most reactions

Latest posts