What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing the order of Bookmarks

hpowders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad puts recent bookmarks all the way down at the bottom of the bookmark list, which is impractical. A new bookmark should appear at the top, not at the bottom of the list. Is there a way I can change the bookmark order, placing a new bookmark that appears at the very bottom, up at the top of the bookmark list?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Open the bookmark list, click "Edit" and use the little list icon on the right to drag to whatever order you like.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hpowders said:
The iPad puts recent bookmarks all the way down at the bottom of the bookmark list, which is impractical. A new bookmark should appear at the top, not at the bottom of the list. Is there a way I can change the bookmark order, placing a new bookmark that appears at the very bottom, up at the top of the bookmark list?
Thanks!

Yes you can, when in the bookmarks bar press edit, you will notice minus signs appear on the left side of your bookmarks and on the right side 3 bars will appear. Press on the bars and then move this bookmark where you would like it. Enjoy!

OP
H

hpowders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks, folks! I obviously didn't know that! You guys are the best! :)

OP
H

hpowders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: Suggestion worked like a charm. Changed the order of quite a few bookmarks. Thanks again, guys!

winhink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to alphabetize current and new entries to bookmark list?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
winhink said:
Is there a way to alphabetize current and new entries to bookmark list?

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I don't believe there is a tab to do this, someone may come along and prove me wrong, it's happened before. But you can do the above mentioned steps and alphabetize it manually yourself.

abbychia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love the ipad forums. It has saved me so much time and frustration!! Thank you all who share your knowledge.

4ever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the bookmarks that I have saved is Google.ca. I was looking to move it up higher up on my list, but for some reason it's the only one that doesn't have a list icon that would allow me to move it. Any idea's about why this would be or how to change it?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the bookmarks that I have saved is Google.ca. I was looking to move it up higher up on my list, but for some reason it's the only one that doesn't have a list icon that would allow me to move it. Any idea's about why this would be or how to change it?

That is unusual.....I've just created a bookmark for this and it worked for me. When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen.

If still no joy, try a reset of your iPad - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know how you go.

4ever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai thank you, I reset the ipad as you suggested but there was still no list icon to allow me to move it. So I deleted it from my bookmarks and then added it again. This time the list icon was there and it was no problem moving it around.

Thanks again.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
leelai thank you, I reset the ipad as you suggested but there was still no list icon to allow me to move it. So I deleted it from my bookmarks and then added it again. This time the list icon was there and it was no problem moving it around.

Thanks again.

Well that's good to hear.....and thank you for getting back to us on what did fix your issue. Enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts