What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing ios 11 email password?

lhamilton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

There has been a lot of change to ios 11 re: mail and there is a lot if information online but I can’t find any useful instructions re: how to change my email password. When I go into settings there is no option re: my email password....

Any idea what the process is? Or do I need to delete my Yahoo or Gmail account on the iPad and set it up again?

Thanks.

Linda

dckeks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you already changed your google password and just need to change it on your ipad or can you be more detailed about your issue.

OP
L

lhamilton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I occasionally change my pw on Google and noticed that there is no longer a facility for that from within iPad settings so the mail app will take on the change. And there is no cogent description if what to do.

Linda

dckeks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay I figured this out.

1. Under Settings Select Accounts and Passwords
2. At top of that Screen Select button for App and Website Password
3. Find and Select your Google Account from the list
4. Select it and it will bring up a a dialogue box to Change your Password

dckeks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great. Please marked solved if this resolved your issue.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
We don’t mark threads as solved here. That’s something that sites like Yahoo Answers do. Sites that are dedicated to the question and answer format. This place is a bit more general in nature. We’re free to expand on both the question and anwsers; or just make comments.

At the most an admin will close a thread to new comments; usually when a thread is no longer relevant and there is no point in further comments.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry about that most forums do so it was my mistake

No need to be sorry. I didnt mean to sound like I was scolding.

I haven’t participated in enough forums to know what most do. My experience has mostly been with casual mutual help and interest forums. They tend to be fairly loose with the rules, concentrating on fair use of the fourm (no advertizing on the owners dime), and keeping the place civil.

Be sure to check out the forum’s new member area and rules. And welcome. You don’t have to have a question (or an answer) to hang out.

New Member Introductions - Site Assistance

Most reactions