What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to send email

Texbahrs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have changed my email password in EarthLink.net and in settings. Although I can receive email, I can't send any. When I try, I get the message"The username or password is incorrect." Can anyone help?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe this will help:
Go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - the account. Tap the account, then the email address. You should find "Outgoing Mail Server" somewhere, with SMTP right below it. Tap that, and if necessary, "Primary Server". There, you should find your Outgoing Mail Server, with username and password and "Optional" next to both. Enter your new password there, if you haven't already.

If this doesn't help, remove the account from your iPad, and set it up again. In most cases, this will help solving problems with email accounts.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts