What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing apple ID and get rid of jailbreak

Nigercamel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have a jailbroken iPad, version 6.0.1. Unfortunately, the apple ID of the one who jailbroke the iPad was set as a default and I don't have it's password. I created a new apple ID, signed out the previous one and signed in with the new ID. But when I tried to update applications in AppStore, it automatically asked me to enter the password of the previous apple ID. I don't know how to fix it.

I have also tried to reset my iPad to factory setting and get rid of jailbreak, but when I clicked on 'erase all content and settings', the iPad went sleep. I hold home and sleep button together for few seconds. I thought it was reset but nth was changed.

Is there anybody that can help me?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your post to the iPad Hacking Forum, where it will receive more attention.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid that by clicking on "erase all content and settings" - you have ruined your jail break (that is the one line you do not want to press on a jail broken iPad).

The only solution for you is to restore that iPad to the latest iOS - 6.1.3. If you restore it as new, it will be as if you have a brand-new iPad, fresh out of the box. You will be able to put in your own Apple ID, the other will be gone.

Unfortunately, iOS 6.1.3 is not jail breakable at this time (sorry), but at least you will have a working iPad.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts