What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change the application names in iFile

Supahstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was messing around with stuff in iFile and decided to change the application names in /var/mobile/containers/data/application from the 30 digit code to the actual names and now music and ibooks apps are crashing. I know the reason they're crashing is because I changed the names manually without thinking of a possible consequence.

I figured reinstalling the third party apps would fix those but is there anyway I can change all the app names back to the original codes?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 309

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, there is no way to fix this - mainly because you can't re-install the stock apps.

So, I'm afraid the only thing you can do is restore your iPad to iOS 8.4 and then re-jailbreak it. Oh - andthen don't mess about in iFile. :)

Fortunately, there is still a jailbreak for this most current iOS, so you'll just lose some time in fixing it...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts