What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cdn app store not available

Cat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought my iPad. Love love love it!!!! But am really disappointed that I cannot access an APP store because I live in Canada:(. Any suggestions how to get hooked up with apps especially the ibooks

citiboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Cat

I am sorry to inform you that the only way you can download iBook is to access the US iTunes. You can only way to access US iTunes if you create a US account. Unfortunately, to do that, you will need to have a US billing address.

What I did was to ask my cousin who is living in the US to create an account using her US billing address. With that, I could access the US iTunes in Bangkok and download the iBooks app.

If you do not have anybody in the US who is able to create an iTunes account or lend you his US iTunes ID, I am afraid you will have to wait until the iPad is launched in Canada; which should be within the next month or two.

In the meantime, I would recommend that you check out GoodReader or some other .pdf ebook readers.

citiboi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cat

One other thing... in case you don't already know.. You can download iPad apps from Canadian iTunes through your Mac or PC. Then sync with your iPad. I don't know about Canada, but in Thailand, quite a few 3rd party apps are available already in iTunes.

Just a thought....

Jayjayphoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cat

There are a few different ways you can register on the USA sight.

I have done both successfully.

1. You can buy a USA iTunes gift card off ebay from someone selling them....they usually charge $120.00 for a $100 card. Then use any USA address when creating your account and instead of a credit card, redeem the gift card.

2. You can buy pre-paid Matercards from shoppers drug marts in Canada. They are called Vanilla Mastercards ( and shoppers will have lots).
After you buy it, go to the web site and register it...again use any USA address..then use the same address when signing up to the USA iTunes store...put in the master card number and expiration date etc..and you will then have a USA account. Once your card runs out, buy another...register it under same address, then go to your iTunes account and just change the credit card number to the new one.

J

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought my iPad. Love love love it!!!! But am really disappointed that I cannot access an APP store because I live in Canada:(. Any suggestions how to get hooked up with apps especially the ibooks

You can get the apps on the Canadian site, if you have the latest iTunes. Don't forget to go to Preferences and tick the "apps" and "Books" so they show up on the left column.
I don't have the iPad yet but I've already gotten a few apps.
iBooks will only be available on may 28th but at least we'll get it here.;)

Abbiesmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cat

There are a few different ways you can register on the USA sight.

I have done both successfully.

1. You can buy a USA iTunes gift card off ebay from someone selling them....they usually charge $120.00 for a $100 card. Then use any USA address when creating your account and instead of a credit card, redeem the gift card.

2. You can buy pre-paid Matercards from shoppers drug marts in Canada. They are called Vanilla Mastercards ( and shoppers will have lots).
After you buy it, go to the web site and register it...again use any USA address..then use the same address when signing up to the USA iTunes store...put in the master card number and expiration date etc..and you will then have a USA account. Once your card runs out, buy another...register it under same address, then go to your iTunes account and just change the credit card number to the new one.

J

Does anyone know if this still works? I just bought my first ipad and have found the joy of living in Canada when it comes to apps.. :(

Most reactions