What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CBS is iPad friendly!

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just went to the CBS website today and found it recognized the iPad and played video crystal clear. Heads up everyone, looks like we're getting attention!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
they launched that the day the iPad came out....if you dig a little deeper you will see most of the vids they have on there are still flash...it is a facade.

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I've said before...once the new OS drops, there will be thousands of doubting Thomas' joining the ship. Multitasking will be a breeze...I'm glad to see big names pushing the html5. Standard!

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope it's fully functional before Andy Rooney dies.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope it's fully functional before Andy Rooney dies.

I have bee watching that guy since I was a kid and he looks almost the same as he did then. One of my best memories of my father was watching that guy and laughing our .....off.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What shows do work on the iPad right now?

I watched a few clips, but none of the full episodes I've tried so far work.

dmittleman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But are they offering complete episodes, or only short highlights? Will they let me download episodes so I can watch on an airplane?

My last visit to the CBS site was very disappointing. (of course that was about 60 days ago and they may have decided to accept my money for their product since then.)

dmittleman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just went out to the CBS website and it is the same as it has lately been.

Criminal Minds: only 5 minute clips; no full episodes.

Big Bang Theory: not only is it only clips, but they have interviews with the stars. So I started up a 3 minute interview with a star and they make me watch an ad first. I closed the window and came back here to bitch. THAT INTERVIEW IS A PROMOTION FOR THEIR SHOW! Why would they think I'd sit through an ad just to watch an ad?

I don't get them. I'd be happy paying real money to be able to download full episodes to my iPad. I want to watch their episodes on the commuter train; I want to watch when I fly to Europe next month. I don't object to paying for product I want. I am not happy about DRM, tho I will tolerate it for now.

But they don't offer this. And then, I bet, they'll get all pissed when I go find their videos on a torrent site.

OP
E

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like the last episode of survivor is the only full one they have right now. The others say "Video cannot be viewed from your device". It seems like it detects the iPad which is cool because it looks like they're gearing up.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmmm, i went on there on day one and there were full episodes of letterman, and CSI and other crappy shows your grandparents would enjoy. Maybe while announcing full HTML5 compatibility they removed all the full episodes to look like they have more content.....does anyone watch CBS anyway?

ayerbusiness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! Although I do not watch CBS that much, I could say that watching videos in your iPad is such a good experience. It is like looking at the exact thing because of its clear view.

Most reactions

Latest posts