What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cash 'locked' in apple account

P.williams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i bought my ipad2 , i thought it a 'good idea' to have cash available in my account, so added ÂŁ15.00 via a gift card.
That was nearly 10 years ago. Now, as my ipad is no longer supported by Apple and the cash is intact and unused, how do i get my money returned ? I cannot give it to another family member- the instructions in the app store are misleading-only inviting the purchaise of a gift card rather that tranfering the cash already held.
And contacting Apple 'help' only gets a robotic response that is of no use whatsoever.
I have no intention of buying another 'Apple' finding the whole system too restricted compared to my PC's.
any sugestions on how to recover my moneyfrom Apple will be most welcome.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While apple won’t give you a refund, you can use the account credit to buy music, movies, and tv shows from the iTunes Store. They could be played through iTunes on a Windows computer if that’s what you have.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
While apple won’t give you a refund, you can use the account credit to buy music, movies, and tv shows from the iTunes Store. They could be played through iTunes on a Windows computer if that’s what you have.
Although I don't carry 'credit' in my Apple account, I was curious about Apple's guidelines - here's a LINK for more information (including contact info), plus some pertinent guidelines in the screen capture below - hope this helps along w/ Scifan..'s advice. Dave :)
AppleSupport.png

OP
P

P.williams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done all as sugested, but my ipad os too old for apple- none of the apps in the store are now compatable
And yes - I have approached Apple. All very nice, at first, 'we are interested in your question, ect then, about three conversations later, when push comes to shove, Apple are quite adament that there is no way on earth that they will relinquish their grip on my money!
I don't think i was ever communicating with a human at apple help, just receiving automated replies .

Most reactions