What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case with Notepad

Metairieman55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found one

I ran across one at Office Depot made by Foray for $34.95 with retractable handles. Leatherette with large inner pocket(s) that Ipad will use as well as 8.5X11 notepad, calculator, credit card holders, pen holders, you know, a portfolio style case. No shoulder strap. But much more protective than all those neoprene/nylon things you carry and drop without handles. And it has the 3-sided zipper thing. The sturdy framing should protect an edge impact if dropped unlike the flimsy cloth types that allow the Ipad to take the brunt.

Unfortunately, I couldn't locate the same model on Office Depot's site. I scrounged and found it.

secret_3108

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According as you prefer, I recommend this genuine leather case. It is stylish and has slots for business cards : cgi. ebay . com/Professional-Genuine-Leather-Skin-Case-Apple-iPad-/220594897357?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0 just remove space , i cant post links because I just have one post.

Last edited:

EpiciPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I found the perfect case for you, look up the Moleskine Covers. They are not yet available but they are a nice case with a notepad inside them.

MayaD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also the Moleskine one scheduled to be sold at Amazon will have the notepad on the right hand side according to the mock up drawing. Several weeks ago Amazon listed it as being expected 11/18, Now they don't give a date.

Last edited:

Valbuhdee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if you found what you are looking for, but I remember reading this and happened to stumble across something on Etsy. The seller's name is skyten. I would post a link..but it seems my post count is not yet high enough.

Anyway, it is hand made out of full grain cowhide leather and looks to have everything you asked for. :eek:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was about to suggest the same thing having found skyten on etsy as well. They offer several versions of the iPad+notepad configuration:

1. Leather portfolio with iPad, writing pad plus pen loops and pockets
link

2. Leather portfolio, triptych-style with cardholder pockets
link

3. "Padfolio" case with pocket for iPad
link

4. Portfolio case for writing pad and iPad
link

They do offer items in different colours and other designs, so it's worth looking around their shop to see if there's something which suits.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Moleskine already teamed up with Amazon to produce a folio cover for the Kindle, so it's no surprise that they're coming out with an iPad and a Kindle 2 cover next.

That said, they're already six months (and counting) behind all the other Moleskine-style folios which are already available, e.g. DodoCase, Cavemen Case, Pad and Quill and Treegloo (which is my personal pick, for its price and customization options.)

Moleskine may have the advantage in being good at marketing themselves as a "brand" name and we're still waiting to see what its price-point will be - but its competitors in the field have first-mover advantage (DodoCase especially) and all of them, not surprisingly, stress "our products are handmade" as prime selling points.

It'll be interesting to see, once Moleskin's product hits the market, if users will pay a premium just to own a genuine Moleskine product (most likely made in a Chinese sweatshop), or rather go for a handcrafted-to-order case from an American-homegrown design studio.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frankly speaking i like the DodoCase , even we manufacture many case this one is really an artist pieces , but of course is not for mass consumer … Moleskine yet is just a brand name no more … we have develop this product before them for iPad and yet it’s a top sale in 17 country without noise ...

Most of these small design studios which handmake their products to order take a lot of care and pride in what they do, and that value is reflected in the premium prices they charge. Whereas Moleskine has gone mass-market in a big way, and at the same time leveraging off its brand and reputation ("the notebook used by Matisse, Hemingway and Picasso") to command a premium. It is quite smart marketing, considering the buyers for such (overpriced) journals.

At one point, I was considering getting a DodoCase, but at the time, DodoCase had a backlog of 4-6 weeks on new orders as well as numerous reports on the (lack of) durability of its fastening pads and bamboo frames which didn't help at all. More recently, they have introduced other spin-off items like shirts and bags - but that seems to reaffirm the change in priorities from fixing the problems and producing a quality product, to cashing in on their "brand" with spin-off items.

Anyway, for me the similar Moleskine-style cover from Treegloo is a lot more attractive because they have a very attractive price point, a lot more customization options and handmade-to-order waiting time is under a week.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frankly speaking i like the DodoCase , even we manufacture many case this one is really an artist pieces , but of course is not for mass consumer … Moleskine yet is just a brand name no more … we have develop this product before them for iPad and yet it’s a top sale in 17 country without noise ...

Most of these small design studios which handmake their products to order take a lot of care and pride in what they do, and that value is reflected in the premium prices they charge. Whereas Moleskine has gone mass-market in a big way, and at the same time leveraging off its brand and reputation ("the notebook used by Matisse, Hemingway and Picasso") to command a premium. It is quite smart marketing, considering the buyers for such (overpriced) journals.

At one point, I was considering getting a DodoCase, but at the time, DodoCase had a backlog of 4-6 weeks on new orders as well as numerous reports on the (lack of) durability of its fastening pads and bamboo frames which didn't help at all. More recently, they have introduced other spin-off items like shirts and bags - but that seems to reaffirm the change in priorities from fixing the problems and producing a quality product, to cashing in on their "brand" with spin-off items.

Anyway, for me the similar Moleskine-style cover from Treegloo is a lot more attractive because they have a very attractive price point, a lot more customization options and handmade-to-order waiting time is under a week.

i didn’t know the treegloo so i can’t comment , but concerning the Dodo i agree with you … i also read comment , but have think they will improve their products

Most reactions