What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case with Notepad

TTown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a case that has a notepad on one side. Pockets for business cards is a plus too. Leather is preferred, but not mandatory.

Any suggestions?

OP
T

TTown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Based on the lack of feedback I assume this doesn't exist.

Let me ask others out there, would anyone else like a case like this? I do like the iPad, however the inability to take effective notes has limited my use of the iPad for work. My interest to add a notepad to a case would allow me to use this for work. I could carry both with ease. If others have no interest in this concept, then it would make sense why there isn't a product that fits this need.

HilltopMichael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I too would like an iPad case that also could hold a notepad, pen and business cards. In addition, for me it must have some way of attaching a wrist strap or shoulder strap - my biggest concern is dropping the iPad while I'm out in the field...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got money?

Looks like this company has some really nice (read: expensive) iPad solutions:

Leather iPad case

Here's one in particular that looks like it meets your requirements:

TEMPLE-BAGS-49.jpg

Leather iPad Folio

OP
T

TTown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not that I wouldn't pay $166 for a case, but it would have to be exactly what I am looking for and from a trusted brand. I've never heard of this brand and don't know it's quality. If it were from Tumi and designed with a writing pad then that's a different story.

Here is a case I found on Amazon. price seems reasonable, but again I haven't heard of this company. They have no feedback on Amazon. It's hard to tell the quality from the pics they provided.

hilltopmichael, what are your thoughts on this case?

http://www.amazon.com/Carrying-JPCase-microfiber-additional-accessories/dp/B003RZCWWE

Last edited:
T

TJK

Hi TTown,
I, too, would be very interested in such a case. I am surprised that Vaja does not make one.

OP
T

TTown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd buy a Vaja Case in a heartbeat. I had one for my old Samsung Windows Phone and loved it. It was one of the first places I searched for a case when I got the Ipad.

I am considering making my own case. I know the design I want. I would just need to get the materials. For now I am hoping to find one I like. I thought for sure someone would have thought of this type of case.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
None of the notepad/sketching apps in the AppStore fulfills your notetaking needs? What kind of notes do you take?

OP
T

TTown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
None of the notepad/sketching apps in the AppStore fulfills your notetaking needs? What kind of notes do you take?

I've tried a couple of apps with no success. If you have any that work for you, let me know. I need to take notes in meetings on a regular basis without the hassle. I haven't found an app that can replace a piece of paper yet.

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I've tried a couple of apps with no success. If you have any that work for you, let me know. I need to take notes in meetings on a regular basis without the hassle. I haven't found an app that can replace a piece of paper yet.

It would be helpful to know what you have already tried and haven't liked before making suggestions. That being said I have used Note Taker HD in meetings and like it. It takes a little practice, but it can put a lot of notes on a page. I have also bought SmartNotes because of some of it's flexibility. Also because while it is fairly good now, with just a few more improvements it is going to be very good, and then I don't think it will be 99 cents anymore. However, I have not yet used SmartNotes in a meeting, so I can't actually vouch for how it performed in that setting.

Last edited:
OP
T

TTown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried SmartNotes and not satisfied with that. I just don't see an app yet that can replace the speed, versatility and comfortableness of pen and paper.

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried SmartNotes and not satisfied with that. I just don't see an app yet that can replace the speed, versatility and comfortableness of pen and paper.

This is a little off topic; however, it might be what you are looking for. You can use a microchip recorder (MCR) to record your meet and download the sound file into Dragon Naturally Speaking (DNS). DNS will transcribe the audio into text.

Keep in mind that you will need to review DNS requirements for compatible MCRs. It could get a little costly, around $300 if you are creative.

Most reactions

Latest posts