What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case or no case?

case or no case

• Case

Votes: 341 85.0%
  • Bare naked

Votes: 33 8.2%
  • Screen protector and/or invisible skin

Votes: 27 6.7%

• Total voters

carlosarias1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i recomend usin the smart cover with the smart back cover, wich is for sale on amazon at a very cheap price, like 7 bucks, you will lofe it, it keeps the skinny look and protection.

Qcrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would recommend the smart cover for the iPad2, and a traveling case that's easy to remove your iPad from, I hate keeping my iPad in a case!

concu88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't like any case but I do worry for a sleeve. I can take my ipad with me without an ipad sleeve, it makes me not rto worry about any kind of damage that can happen to my gadgrt while I am on the way. I am using the Zagora model from Colcasac.

Nickybee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the last week I've kept my Ipad 2 in a black Marc by Marc Jacobs 'Stardust' sleeve with a pink smart cover on.I have a rather abstract looking portfolio (forgot the brand) that I keep it in sometimes and a black Belkin sleeve.

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wasn't sure what to do about a case, so I got the Apple folding cover when I ordered my iPad2. I like this cover very much, but of course it doesn't really qualify as a case. I already had a (very expensive!) Italian leather zipper portfolio that holds an A3 legal pad without much room around it. The iPad fits inside very nicely and the Apple folding cover of course protects the screen. For travel, this whole rig then fits into a Victorinox vertical briefcase with its soft, padded compartment for a bare laptop.

I was also thinking about a screen protector as I have them on all my digicams. But now I don't know about that: I like the feel of the bare screen and so far (about 10 days) see no sign of damage to the screen. But even though I don't want to live in a fool's paradise, I also don't want to compromise the nice responsiveness of the screen. Decisions, decisions.

bronte_a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the gecko rubber cover because i'm a bit scared of having the ipad "naked" since i accidently dropped it yesterday :D its a lot better knowing i can put it down anywhere without making scratches or water or food getting on it. The apple case isnt my favourite because i dont like flipping over the cover everytime i want to use it. I prefer a sleeve.

m3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bronte_a said:
I use the gecko rubber cover because i'm a bit scared of having the ipad "naked" since i accidently dropped it yesterday :D its a lot better knowing i can put it down anywhere without making scratches or water or food getting on it. The apple case isnt my favourite because i dont like flipping over the cover everytime i want to use it. I prefer a sleeve.

It's true without having the sleeve. Things could delay someone by one second, lol. I personally prefer having a full case with sleeve especially when carrying my iPhone 4, I can actually put the iPhone on top of the IPad and use one hand to slip both devices right by my side when walking short distances between A and B!

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Targus 360 swivel case. It's black leather with a blue soft interior. Nice because I can swivel the case to any angle or put in on my lap while I am sitting on the couch playing with the iPad :)

m3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PatriciaF said:
I have the Targus 360 swivel case. It's black leather with a blue soft interior. Nice because I can swivel the case to any angle or put in on my lap while I am sitting on the couch playing with the iPad :)

Would u happen to have a nice pic of it. I would be interested in getting one? Do they sell them at Best Buy?

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my online but I don't recall what website. Yes, Best Buy has them and they cost around $60.00. You can see all the visuals and they have a video on targus.com the Sorry I tried inserting a picture but I keep getting the red X. But if you go to their website and type THZ045US "Targus Versavu™ Cover & Stand is specifically designed for the iPad 2. The sophisticated styling of the Rotating Stand/Case". They make similar cases but this is the swivel. Really nice leather. Watch the video and they hae lots of pictures up. You do have to get a screen protector since this is just a case. If you have any problems please post again and I will try to help you get to the website. Pat http://www.targus.com/us/productdet...rchedTerms=&navlevel1=products&cp=&bannertxt=

m3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PatriciaF said:
I got my online but I don't recall what website. Yes, Best Buy has them and they cost around $60.00. You can see all the visuals and they have a video on targus.com the Sorry I tried inserting a picture but I keep getting the red X. But if you go to their website and type THZ045US "Targus Versavu™ Cover & Stand is specifically designed for the iPad 2. The sophisticated styling of the Rotating Stand/Case". They make similar cases but this is the swivel. Really nice leather. Watch the video and they hae lots of pictures up. You do have to get a screen protector since this is just a case. If you have any problems please post again and I will try to help you get to the website. Pat http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=THZ045US&PageName=Targus for Mac&productCategoryId=-1&bucketTypeId=194&searchedTerms=&navlevel1=products&cp=&bannertxt=

Thanks for trying. I'll spend some time on the link u provided me! Thanks again!

m3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PatriciaF said:
I got my online but I don't recall what website. Yes, Best Buy has them and they cost around $60.00. You can see all the visuals and they have a video on targus.com the Sorry I tried inserting a picture but I keep getting the red X. But if you go to their website and type THZ045US "Targus Versavu™ Cover & Stand is specifically designed for the iPad 2. The sophisticated styling of the Rotating Stand/Case". They make similar cases but this is the swivel. Really nice leather. Watch the video and they hae lots of pictures up. You do have to get a screen protector since this is just a case. If you have any problems please post again and I will try to help you get to the website. Pat http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=THZ045US&PageName=Targus for Mac&productCategoryId=-1&bucketTypeId=194&searchedTerms=&navlevel1=products&cp=&bannertxt=

Just saw the amazing photos. I'm planning to get one. Thanks and thanks again!

Most reactions

Latest posts