What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case opinions

Caps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the apple case for my iPad and am waiting for it to arrive. I have read a lot of the reviews and i am starting to have some doubts already...
In the case that I receive it and decide it is not for me i have two questions for you guys
  1. Can i return it at an apple or best buy store even though i purchased it online from apple?
  2. What case would you suggest to replace it?

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the exact same thing. As far as I know, you have to return it to the online store using the guidelines found at www.apple.com/returns. I wound up mailing my ipad case back last week.
As far as suggesting a case, it all depends on what you're looking for. There are already so many types out there - silicon or TPU skins, hard cases, bags, etc.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm with you guys. I'm not crazy about the apple case but I'm keeping it until I find something I absolutely love. At least this gives it some protection, and it works well as long as you are not going to remove it from the case. If you want to use a dock this is the worst case ever made.

OP
C

Caps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And i forgot to mention that my ipad gets plugged into my dock every night...

OP
C

Caps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the exact same thing. As far as I know, you have to return it to the online store using the guidelines found at www.apple.com/returns. I wound up mailing my ipad case back last week.
As far as suggesting a case, it all depends on what you're looking for. There are already so many types out there - silicon or TPU skins, hard cases, bags, etc.

From that same link;

"Apple will assess a 10% restocking fee on any opened hardware or accessory."

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From that same link;

"Apple will assess a 10% restocking fee on any opened hardware or accessory."

Yeah, I saw that before i sent mine back. Its definitely a good argument for not buying anything from apple online if you're not sure you're going to keep it. Unfortunately I hated the case, so I still decided to send it back.
Actually, its a good case, but to me it just removes all the elegance of the iPad. IMO, it takes all the sleekness away by making the iPad look like a trapper keeper.

OP
C

Caps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, i spend a half hour on hold with apple customer service to see if i can just not sign for it and have it sent back (so i don't have to pay shipping to return it) but i dint even get to talk to anyone :(

largefarva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I ended up doing is ordering a hard candy sleek skin case to use while I'm waiting on my quirky cloak to finally be released. But if I end up really liking my hard candy case I'll probably just cancel my order for the quirky cloak. I suppose I'll know Friday if I like the hard candy (overnight shipping was cheap enough for me) enough to not wait for the quirky.

Most reactions

Latest posts